SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

36 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

These threats will be great if we have something concrete. 

Do we though?

I know you don't have a lot of time for PQ Gonzo, and neither do i , but there were some very unexpected revelations to come out today.

If you get a chance have a listen to it.

I was really surprised at the normally light hearted Billy Dodds being fairly scathing about Nelms ,you could almost hear the producers squirming as Dodds spoke.

Tom English played  a blinder, and was like a dog with a bone during the Cormack interview, he just kept asking the questions that Cormack didn't want to hear.

Edited by Franc Ergs

7 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

If he thought he was going on the show to prove he was doing the right thing for football, Tom English had other ideas.

IMO Clubs have to go a little beyond their own self-interest on this because of the level of threat the virus fall-out poses the game in general.

Tom English is only doing his job. Yesterday, we heard it live on radio.

It was like a bullfight, only a sheep replaced the bull and voluntarily started to batter it´s head of a wall, dazing itself. The hack sensed his prey was weakening and repeatedly made moves to try and finish him off. Brian McLauchlin later tried to get a bite himself.

Edited by buster.

On 17/04/2020 at 21:12, ian1964 said:

@Stevie - 4lads Blog

Couple of points on your blog Stevie.

The main issue for me was the tone and agressive nature of the initial "whistleblowerblower evidence" statement that at a time when the cards are actually stacked in our favour. It has given detractors and general commentators an easy way to make sure they can share out their criticism when it should be all for the SPFL and it´s lack of corporate goverence.

Nor does it chime with your line about ..."This is a marathon, not a sprint"

If it´s seen as a marathon you don´t initially go in with a size 14 boot.

The other point is that there is enough evidence/dirt already out there, which has in turn provided headlines/media and produced anger there, that any smoking gun could have been kept in the background as we observed the situation develop.

Lastly on this, IMO Rangers PR shouldn´t be about placating fans who want to metaphorically see blood and results today. It has been for too long and tends to lead no-where. I can understand why at some points in the year this may be advantagous but generally it serves no good purpose and actually only ends up storing more anger for the board itself.  

To me, this current situation isn´t a marathon. It´s an opportunity with an expiry date which is fairly short term but may drag a tadge because of the virus. We won´t get a better chance to push the three amigos from the 6th floor at Hampden. 

The three amigos and the Dundee CEO are becoming figures of ridicule. Satirical humour is often a good way of further discrediting people. eg. the Falkirk chairman was on Sportsound yesterday cracking a joke about the IT baloney that the SPFL/ Dundee are desperatly making up. Everyone on the show laughed and that type of thing discourages defence of the indefensible. 

Moving forward, we very much have them on the back foot. They´ve made a rip roaring collective cnut out of it, let´s make the most of it. 

ps. I don´t do religion but I will prey that Lawwell can be directly drawn into this.

I now see the next play has been made......strike while the iron is hot.

Who would set the remit of any Independent Investigation ?...anyone........The SFA ?? 

• says he WON’T provide evidence unless MacLennan, Doncaster and McKenzie aren’t involved.
  • wants a copy of the league’s
 official whistleblower policy so the trio can’t have access to it.
  • demands McLennan explains derogatory comments he made about Rangers in the past.
  • accuses him of attempting to shut down the club’s concerns by 
denying them free speech.
  •  

......The only ways Rangers can get an independent inquiry is for it to be either granted by the SPFL board or if three clubs call for an EGM and it gets 75 per cent approval in a vote.

----------------------------------------------

Three clubs shouldn´t be a problem, the 75% would probably be a challenge.

(the 75% number is according to the DR article so not set in stone)

The only line of defence for the SPFL that I can see getting traction is pointing towards "an existentsial threat to the game" and shouting Fire, Fire !....They would only need 26%...... Might they end up offering a sacrifical lamb and a plea to call it quits ?

Edited by buster.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

To me, this current situation isn´t a marathon. It´s an opportunity with an expiry date which is fairly short term but may drag a tadge because of the virus. We won´t get a better chance to push the three amigos from the 6th floor at Hampden. 

The three amigos and the Dundee CEO are becoming figures of ridicule. Satirical humour is often a good way of further discrediting people. eg. the Falkirk chairman was on Sportsound yesterday cracking a joke about the IT baloney that the SPFL/ Dundee are desperatly making up. Everyone on the show laughed and that type of thing discourages defence of the indefensible. 

Correct.

I wonder what percentage of people who regularly attend Scottish football matches listen to Sportsound. 

I'd say less than 5%.

I sit amongst Hearts, Hibs and Rangers ST holders at work and have never heard anyone discuss it.

The SPFL will get what they want unless Rangers and some other clubs take action (Rangers are but probably need some support from influential figures in the game). 

One wonders how much longer the ominous silence from glasgow’s East end will continue regards the SPFL vote fiasco. 

Liewell seems to have abandoned his 3 SPFL placemen who are now coming under fire from everyone.

Do the yahoos support an independent SPFL investigation or not?

Do the yahoos support league reconstruction or not?

Hopefully we are now beginning to see the end of liewell’s cast iron grip on Scottish football

While one can obviously throw in a certain number of hypothesis and malovent comments about, I would still like to know

- who thought up the whole SPFL proposal

- who decided that only one of apparently six proposals were being voted upon

- who decided that the Hearts and/or Rangers proposal would not be debated upon or put forward

- who put the timeline on it

- who decided that Dundee`s vote was allowed to be recast

... ?

"The SPFL" is a bit vague here and thrown into the fray far too often. I doubt that this was thought up by "the Board", with Robertson on it.

Edited by der Berliner