Can This Team Win The SPL and Qualify For CL Group Stages?

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

Webster

Papic

Hendami

Fergie

Thompson

Beasley

Boyd

JCD

--------------

IMO, the above team is a long way short of being thought of as Champions material and will struggle to overcome a decent and well organised European outfit.

We still require at least 5 new signings - a left back to cover Smith, a centre half, right midfield player, a quality/ creative midfield player and a centre forward. I don't mean 5 'squad players, but 3 'first teamers' and 2 squad players.

Over to you flim-flan man

Cammy F

forget th cl. we havent got a hope in hell. the lack of ambition shown by messers murray and bain is beyond belief. as for the league, who the hell knows where were going, i for one havent got a clue. this is certainly my last season as an sb holder as im at my wits end at the lack of investment in our team. we really have to start voting with our feet. its the only way sdm will take notice.

I dont think we're that far off to be honest (at least with the SPL). We need a bit of extra quality but you can see from the attempts to sign the boys Faubert and Cellluar, that we're trying to do just that.

It's a balancing act - we want blockbuster signings but we wont get anywhere unless we make big improvements to the overall squad. Champions League qualification will be good but making the last 16 might be stretching things.

TBH i think we could win the SPL,' COULD ',but forget europe. Spending big doesn't mean you're gonna win anything, we should know,but we have a nice balance of youth and experience for the SPL, but unless some serious cash is put forward,which isn't going to happen,then we're stuck with bringing in less quality and hoping that young players develope into good quality, you're not expecting SDM to reach into his own pocket like we do are you ?

Papac will cover Smith, its a RB to cover Hutton that we need and a right midfielder. But i thought you'd have mentioned a keeper aswell Cammy?

But that team would have a chance of winning the SPL and may qualify for the CL but it wouldnt be pretty.

However over the season that team will occur injuries etc and the likes of Gow and Broadfoot coming in arent going to be match winners especially in CL games. There is also a lack of width and nobody creative in there so the football wont be pretty at all.

Losing out on Faubert is a massive blow, he would have changed the whole look of that team. And has McCulloch even completed his move yet?

We may end up relying on a few of the failures to come good i.e. Sionko for Right mid, Buffel for creative man and Sebo to boltster the attack!! Who knows - Buffel hasnt played much in his preferred role and Sebo still hasnt had a run of games.

Based on the second half of last season we were not that far behind. The damage was done before christmas. If we can maintain the post christmas form into the start of the new season we will definately be up there. Smith appears to have the ability to get more from average players and next season will be more about playing as a team rather than individuals. Having said that I have a feeling that we will be more impressed with the likes of Gow, Beasley and Thomson than we've given them credit for so far.