The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

9 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Taking the 16.5m would give the mhanks an open book for derision IMO.

I think there's going to be derision no matter what we get. If it's lower than 20 million there will be derision if it's 20 or more it will be spun into lies or the 20 million is part of his contract for the buying club.

Outside the yahoos the sheep are proclaiming Cosgrove is as good as Morelos and if he's only worth 2 million that's all we will/should get for Morelos. Ludicrous obviously but whatever we get it wont be lauded. 

SG confirms he is still looking for an addition in "the engine room" and that'll be our business completed.

As for Alfredo, can see a compromise of circa £18M with add-ons and he will move to Lille and will go with my thanks and well wishes for his future career. 

17 minutes ago, CammyF said:

SG confirms he is still looking for an addition in "the engine room" and that'll be our business completed.

As for Alfredo, can see a compromise of circa £18M with add-ons and he will move to Lille and will go with my thanks and well wishes for his future career. 

I'm glad he's confirmed it. We're now well covered everywhere else. Just one more could be the key to making them formidable. As for Alfie I would be perhaps not actually happy with £18 million but prepared to accept it in the circumstances. It's good business.

I'm just getting a bit antsy about it and want it over with and the money in the bank. For that reason may be willing to accept 16.25 if it really is on offer. That too would still be good business. Enough to cover our squad additions with a bit left over.

And that bit alone would be a significant sum to most teams in this league.

It has never been popular but I’ve said for a long time that he is overrated by our support. A bit like Kent at times, the expectation on the player became increasingly detached from reality (including the fee he will fetch).

If we have indeed rejected a £16.5m bid the club better be sure Lille aren’t going to walk away. 

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It has never been popular but I’ve said for a long time that he is overrated by our support. A bit like Kent at times, the expectation on the player became increasingly detached from reality (including the fee he will fetch).

If we have indeed rejected a £16.5m bid the club better be sure Lille aren’t going to walk away. 

Who says Lille are the only buyer in the frame?

34 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I tend to agree to be honest. He's a very good player on his day but he can also be very frustrating at times. His weight is an issue to. He's been overweight since the new year IMO

Snatched from FF

Rangers are looking to sign the Real Valladolid striker Sekou Gassama this summer.

As per AS (h/t Sportwitness), the Ibrox outfit have submitted a €3m bid for the player but it has been turned down.

It will be interesting to see if the Scottish outfit come back with an improved offer for the 25-year-old attacker now. Valladolid are under no pressure to sell and Rangers will have to pay over the odds to convince them.

The Spanish side are set to pocket €12m from Mohammed Salisu’s sale to Southampton and they do not need to cash in on their other players right now.

Gassama was on loan at CF Fuenlabrada this past season and he managed to score 9 goals in total.

Rangers could use more goals in their squad, especially if Alfredo Morelos decides to move on. The Colombian striker has been heavily linked with an exit this summer.

Steven Gerrard has already signed Itten and Roofe so far and Gassama could be the third attacking signing for them.

If the Scottish outfit can promise regular game time to the player, they might be able to tempt him. He is not a key starter for Real Valladolid and if he decides to push for a move away, the negotiations could get easier for Rangers.

Gassama at TM

Might be wrong, but at the age of 25, he has played a total of ... 76 games?