The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

16 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I dont think 7 players for 3 spots can be seen as being short of numbers. We are clearly short of quality, and the Jack-Kamara partnership is really not working as both are far too defensive and both cover the same ground. One is enough, happy to rotate them, to allow Aribo to get forward, and we need a third player of quality to finish that area off. None of Arfield, Davis, Docherty, McCrorie or Barjonas are the quality we are needing for a full season although on their day all could make a contribution, and we know SG is looking to bring one quality midfielder in, but will perhaps need to offload 2 or 3 of this list to make room for the wages. I think our squad is far too bloated all over with average players who are way below the quality of the first picks, and leaves no room for our youth players to force their way in. Our youth players, much lauded over the last 12-18 months, have had very little opportunities to show if they can step up, and are not going to get any when there are big wages players ahead of them in name only because we cant get rid of them.

I would include Aribo so it is 8 players to 3 spots. I agree the problem is quality and not quantity.

I think ideally you would have two Aribo type players on either side of Jack or Kamara for most SPFL games. If we could bring in one player with that kind of creativity in that position I would feel far more confident that we won't eventually succomb to the same issues against the low block again this season.

One Aribo to flit and dance his way through defences is enough.

On the other side of the park I want a player who will drive his way through wind and rain and glaur and muck and the opposing midfield.

Snatched from FF

Morelos' transfer vow
Thankful Alfredo Morelos has praised Steven Gerrard for having his back and insists he will only exit Rangers through the “front door”

The Colombian’s hopes of a money-spinning Lille switch were dented after the French club splashed out £25, for Canadian striker Jonathan David from Gent.

Morelos proceded to bag a weekend double as Rangers cruised past St Mirren as he returned to scoring form.

And, in a TV interview on Colombian sports channel WinSports TV, Morelos insisted he will only quit Ibrox when both Rangers and him are satisfied with the offer.

58 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

One Aribo to flit and dance his way through defences is enough.

On the other side of the park I want a player who will drive his way through wind and rain and glaur and muck and the opposing midfield.

He doesn’t need to be exactly like Aribo, I just meant a player who can create as many goals as him. 

... and a face that any ref auto-forgets. Given the standard of refereeing, players of the Souness-/Keane-Greig-ilk would last for a couple of games every now and then before being suspended.

*NB ... I was almost typing "a face like Brown", given how often refs don't see him, but refrained myself due to his ugliness.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Hibs have bid £200,000 for Ross McCrorie - source Glasgow Times ?‍♂️ 

Heard the rumour at the weekend from an ITK Hibs fan but it was for a loan.

i wouldn’t look to sell McCrorie just yet

59 minutes ago, compo said:

What we need in our half back line is someone with the mettle of a Dave McKay the drive of a John Grieg  the skill of  a Souness  and the cynicality of a Keane .

I’d say the skill of a Gascoigne and the cynicism of Souness ?