The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

50 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Celtic have signed Albian Ajeti. It is interesting because he is very similar to Itten. A Swiss striker, only a few months between them in age, both ex Basel and with similar records in that league. One thing that is different is that Ajeti seems to have got his done better in the early years of his carrer whilst Itten has really come onto a game in the past season or two. Ajeti looks like a decent player, but have they really signed a £5m striker to sit on the bench next to a £3.5m striker? Not to mention Griffiths. With any luck Edouard will leave now.

I dont know a great deal about what they do over that side of the city - but they only play with a single striker I thought - so they now have Edouard, Ajeti and Griffiths all vying for one spot ??  One of them is moving on and whilst the natural choice would be Griffiths due to his off-field antics and lack of professionalism in staying in shape - you must wonder if they are in need of, or already have eyed up, selling Edouard.

What I find more interesting is that the little I have seen on social media is that their fans are more concerned about their central defence than they are their striking options.  So my guess is they need to sign a CB too.

Ajeti has to be replacing someone, surely they arent going to keep 3 strikers on the books when they only play 1 up top ?

Ajeti & Itten have followed a very similar career path having both played for both Basel & St Gallen - Itten's stats are slightly better than Ajeti's, not that  this makes any statement

Hopefully he proves to be a £5 million bust

47 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Celtic have signed Albian Ajeti. It is interesting because he is very similar to Itten. A Swiss striker, only a few months between them in age, both ex Basel and with similar records in that league. One thing that is different is that Ajeti seems to have got his done better in the early years of his carrer whilst Itten has really come onto a game in the past season or two. Ajeti looks like a decent player, but have they really signed a £5m striker to sit on the bench next to a £3.5m striker? Not to mention Griffiths. With any luck Edouard will leave now.

Why would you want their best striker to leave ,no I want to beat their best team at all times I love the challenge, bring it on .

26 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

This guy from Norwich? I was listening to RR and they said those clowns want like 9M. They need to put the pipe down.

You do realise he plays in the English leagues right ?  That there is a premium on players down there ?

1 minute ago, compo said:

Why would you want their best striker to leave ,no I want to beat their best team at all times I love the challenge, bring it on .

I would rather they sold ALL their players and had to complete a season with nothing but their U16 team as it would give us the league.  

1 minute ago, craig said:

You do realise he plays in the English leagues right ?  That there is a premium on players down there ?

Tell me about it Graiginator. That TV money has turned that place into inflation city. You can call it whatever you like though...premium...sure...I call it a rip off. Either way, it's still too rich for our blood man. 9M? Might as well be 200M. 

10 minutes ago, craig said:

What I find more interesting is that the little I have seen on social media is that their fans are more concerned about their central defence than they are their striking options.

I can't imagine why when they have 30 million pound man Ajer who AC Milan are desperate to sign and Julie Anne who the papers are telling us Napoli are after. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Mclean is a good player. We will do well to attract and afford him. 

McLean seems to have done ok in the EPL. If Norwich were to sell him then I’d think the fee would be too high for us.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Apparently Ajeti didn't have a shot on target during his whole time at West Ham.

The EPL is not the pond we should be fishing in. We not only need to sign better quality players but we have to be conscious of the need to eventually move them on for a profit. I'd rather see us develop effective scouting in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe (for example) or at least pay higher wages rather than higher signing fees that only benefit the selling club.