Optimistic Or Pessimistic?

How do you feel about season 2020/21?

This is the least optimistic I think I have ever felt about us winning the title (excluding diddy titles).  If we can bring in a couple of good forwards and add some steel in midfield and defence, I will see it differently. 

Forwards are on the way but I don't think Gerrard recognises the current winning mentality vacuum at Ibrox, so don't expect the necessary steel to be added.

Confidence is low to be honest. Gerrard still thinks he is in England. IF Morelos leaves? Though I have hope, practically speaking, I don't see it happenin TBF...sorry.

Naw..that dog don't hunt.

Hopeful but definitely not optimistic. The changes required to take us from failure to success simply haven’t taken place yet and without them optimism would be pointless.

One always thinks we can do it this season but not this season I dont see much in the way of improvement if any our centre forward has his head turned by transfer thoughts we wobble like a jelly in the middle and if the defenders perform the way they did after the winter break then it's going to be that drawn out battle for second place .

Mind you if this second wave of the virus kicks in the horrors could have their ten in a row wrapped up before Christmas that will give them time for their video promotion and any world tours :rfc:

But one lives in hope .

Probably going in with the least expectation I’ve had for years as it goes. I know the tranfer window is a bit skewed this season with leagues finishing at different times all over the gaff but I can’t help thinking we’re gonna get caught with oor undies down an trailing badly by xmas

Too many hurdles to overcome! cheating refs, corrupt SPFL/SFA, attacks from the Scottish gutter press resulting in belated suspensions from the placed CO. 

We have just witnessed Separate Entity FC being handed a title, the corruption in voting!.

How can anyone seriously believe we will be allowed to challenge for the title?.

Much will depend on the Morelos situation at all he moment. If he stays, great. Replacing him with someone who can score the number of goals he has will be much harder than some people think. And some of the names mentioned to replace him worry me.

In other areas I wonder how much we’ll see Defoe & Davis this season.Both injured at the moment. Especially Defoe if Morelos goes & a couple of strikers get brought in. And if Zungu arrives not sure where that’ll leave Davies.

We’ve still got too big a first team squad with players not seemingly part of Gerrard’s plans. And youths who don’t seem anywhere near good enough for the first team squad 

Davis is finished, IMO. It's a shame because he has been a great servant and a wonderful player. 

His body can't do what his brain wants. You can see him attempt the same things that he did so well at the start of last season and prior, but he's sluggish in his execution. 

He'll only be a bit-part player this season. 

Whatever happened to positive thinking? :laugh: If out team go into Saturday's game with such low esteem, we're on a hiding to nothing.

If we come out of Saturday's game as easy winners, I expect the mood will lift slightly. 

Bill's "hopeful but not optimistic" is probably nearer to what I am. In terms of team play, I'm looking forward to the season. I think we have in within us to be very good. The question to me is having the consistency. 

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Too many hurdles to overcome! cheating refs, corrupt SPFL/SFA, attacks from the Scottish gutter press resulting in belated suspensions from the placed CO. 

We have just witnessed Separate Entity FC being handed a title, the corruption in voting!.

How can anyone seriously believe we will be allowed to challenge for the title?.

This.

If we get close, the refs will kick into action.