Aberdeen and Celtic players break Covid quarantine rules

36 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, you definitely haven't been in a Scottish boozer for a while.

Or maybe it's been a while since you said something relevant that actually means anything to this topic. Back to the old just talk and say nothing to be talking thing. I can't claim to be surprised. 

On 08/08/2020 at 13:19, JFK-1 said:

Or maybe it's been a while since you said something relevant that actually means anything to this topic. Back to the old just talk and say nothing to be talking thing. I can't claim to be surprised. 

This post is exactly that which you bemoan in the same post JFK ?

track and trace is very far from perfect in Scotland.  In my small wee village one pub is taking details of people (and as Gonzo says some of the details provided are illegible) and another isn’t taking details at all.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

This post is exactly that which you bemoan in the same post JFK ?

track and trace is very far from perfect in Scotland.  In my small wee village one pub is taking details of people (and as Gonzo says some of the details provided are illegible) and another isn’t taking details at all.

I don't know how they do it, what i'm saying is that on the NHS Scotland and Scottish government websites it's stated they do track and trace. And in fact something like asking people in pubs for their name and details never even occurred to me.

I was thinking along the lines of when they discover an outbreak centred on say pubs they would then acquire phone details of anybody who was pinging the relevant tower at that time and mass text message them. That's what happens in Oklahoma when there's dangerous weather bearing down on you and it doesn't require an app. But as I said, I don't know how they do it, i'm simply confident that they do it.

In addition to that my thoughts were posting on social networking sites like Facbook etc targeting the affected area. Were you in any of these places at this time? Who was with you? And do you know anyone else who was?

It's obvious they must have some sort of system, it would be crazy if they didn't. And i'm guessing they quickly tracked down hundreds or even thousands in Aberdeen since last I heard a couple of days or so ago they had identified over 100 testing positive.

18 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't know how they do it, what i'm saying is that on the NHS Scotland and Scottish government websites it's stated they do track and trace. And in fact something like asking people in pubs for their name and details never even occurred to me.

I was thinking along the lines of when they discover an outbreak centred on say pubs they would then acquire phone details of anybody who was pinging the relevant tower at that time and mass text message them. That's what happens in Oklahoma when there's dangerous weather bearing down on you and it doesn't require an app. But as I said, I don't know how they do it, i'm simply confident that they do it.

In addition to that my thoughts were posting on social networking sites like Facbook etc targeting the affected area. Were you in any of these places at this time? Who was with you? And do you know anyone else who was?

It's obvious they must have some sort of system, it would be crazy if they didn't. And i'm guessing they quickly tracked down hundreds or even thousands in Aberdeen since last I heard a couple of days or so ago they had identified over 100 testing positive.

I’d be very surprised if pinging towers is happening in Scotland mate.

They can claim they are doing track and trace buts it’s always only going to be as good as those who collect details... and the maturity of those providing them.

as I said, I’ve witnessed two pubs within 200 yards of each other - one taking details and one not.  And the funny thing is the one NOT taking details is doing a FAR better job at enforcing social distancing.