[FT] Livingston 0 - 0 Rangers

2 hours ago, Bill said:

With the occasional exception, in most games the attitude throughout the team simply stinks. For much of the time it looks like players simply going through the motions. I don't see anger, aggression, passion, call it what you will. We continue to carry a loser's mentality that our current coaches seen unable to shift and while it remains we will win nothing. There needs to be a bloodletting at Rangers and one or two of our main players should be shown the door in an almighty show of managerial leadership. Souness knew the value of sacrifice, so did Walter.

Exactly at one time players like Davis Grieg Shearer etc would have shown the slackers the way 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

There needs to be a bloodletting at Rangers and one or two of our main players should be shown the door in an almighty show of managerial leadership. Souness knew the value of sacrifice, so did Walter.

Which two would you go for? 

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Did you even watch the game?

Barisic and Tavernier were high and wide.

We only had Goldson, Helander, Kamara and Jack staying back - Jack even had a bit more license to get forward.

Yes I watched the game. Was it the same one you watched where the Livingston keeper barely had a shot to save all game?

Edited by RANGERRAB

11 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Yes I watched the game. Was it the same one you watched where the Livingston keeper barely had a shot to save all game?

Yes, Kamara and Jack were the defending midfielders and usually received the ball from Goldson and Helander in our half but for most of the match they were in advance of the centre line, at times even Goldson was in advance of the centre circle.  We had plenty of players in Livi's half, it was more just a case of not being able to capitalise on the possession we had.  Against teams like Livi scoring that first goal is important because it settles the team and then requires the opposition to be more offensive.  If we don't score in the first half we seem to become tense and our football loses its composure.

Two of the things that has me angry is all the needless passing to each other in midfield the other is the inability of our players to pass the ball from one wing to the other by a single pass instead its three and four passes 

Edited by compo

25 minutes ago, compo said:

Two of the things that has me angry is all the needless pashing to each other in midfield the other is the inability of our players to pass the ball from one wing to the other by a single pass instead its three and four passes 

Two things that annoy me about us:-

1) kick-off, the ball goes back and we can’t get out of our own half

2) the amount of times we needlessly pass the ball backwards

I watch us passing back/sideways and also get fed up with it then I watch other games from supposedly better leagues and watch the ball being passed back/sideways.

Obviously the ploy is to pull opposition mids/cb's a bit further forward and then strike swiftly which often happens.

The problem here is the ultra defensive teams don't get sucked out which negates swift strikes,therefore I think we have to work more on the one-twos to beat this.