Coventry and QPR opted not to take a knee

27 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Mentioning someone's skin colour, as a white man, is a truly despicable thing to do.  I suspect the fourth official is in the KKK or a Romanian equivalent. 

I hope he receives suitable punishment (death penalty or life sentence) and that Demba Ba can recover from this unbelievably horrifying incident.  Thoughts and prayers etc.

Was Webo, not Demba Ba, was it not ?

38 minutes ago, buster. said:

No, it isn't.

You just don't get it or don't want to get it.

It's clear 

For example, the heavy politicising of anti-racism protests for other gains/advantage.

He was passionately against such a thing on one type of anti-racism thread but spent a year or so, doing exactly that within a different type of anti-racism.

The opinion part is his belief but what I refer to is the blatant contradiction. in the application of said principle, based on race. 

To strongly and loudly preach against something whilst practicing it yourself is to damage any credibility you have to do the preaching. It can make you look a bit of a fool or in this particular thread, it helps show Bill up for what he is.

In your opinion, correct :thup:

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Webo got sent off, Demba Ba asked the players to leave the pitch (I only mentioned Ba because I couldn't remember Webo's name - thoughts and prayers to Webo too, obviously).

Wonder what you'd say if Rangers ever left the pitch (SG has said he wouldn't hesitate). I'm not saying PSG were right - i'm not seeing it from their pov.

I see the city of Minneapolis is cutting its police budget for next year by $8 million dollars crime is rising quicker than a brides goony and the blame must lie with these black terrorists getting what they wanted .

Totally agree with this sentiment published today;

"To make booing BLM a punishable offence would be to place movements of various kinds above disagreement, criticism and scrutiny. This is wrong, and must be fought against. Freedom of expression must be preserved, for fans as well as for players".

4 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Totally agree with this sentiment published today;

"To make booing BLM a punishable offence would be to place movements of various kinds above disagreement, criticism and scrutiny. This is wrong, and must be fought against. Freedom of expression must be preserved, for fans as well as for players".

It's the tyranny of conformity. I'll take a knee myself when BLM comes out and apologises for defacing our war memorials.

My final word on this: when Nigel Farage says taking the knee must stop then I can think of no better argument for continuing it. I am not aware of anyone forcing anybody to make a voluntary gesture. Freedom of expression is just what some of Farage's associates would ban. His mate Trump is busy trying to organise a coup.

23 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

when Nigel Farage says taking the knee must stop then I can think of no better argument for continuing it

Sound reasoning indeed.

23 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Freedom of expression is just what some of Farage's associates would ban.

An interesting observation.