Celtic vs Rangers - 17th October

16 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

I trust that Ryan Jack and Jon McLaughlin have barricaded themselves in their rooms.

There is a fair chance that we will have similar problems at some point this season.

Sadly this season might turn into a farce too.

16 hours ago, craig said:

I think Christie missing the game is huge for them - much of their creativity comes from him.  Forrest being out 6 weeks and you have to wonder where any of their creativity is going to come from.

Creative thinking will come from the board room. 

There's no doubt in my mind that at some point our players will come down with this as well so we have to hope we can cope when it happens.

However, IF (and it's a big if right now), Forrest, Eduoard and Christie are all missing a week on Saturday then that's a big bonus for us and it's something we need to take advantage of.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

There's no doubt in my mind that at some point our players will come down with this as well so we have to hope we can cope when it happens.

However, IF (and it's a big if right now), Forrest, Eduoard and Christie are all missing a week on Saturday then that's a big bonus for us and it's something we need to take advantage of.

they will probably find a way to get the game cancelled 

Since promotion, our record in the first Old Firm of the season is horrendous.

16/17 - 5-1 Loss Away

17/18 - 2-0 Loss at Home

18/19 - 1-0 Loss Away

19/20 - 2-0 Loss at Home

Incidentally, in each of Walter Smith's 4 seasons in his second spell as manager, he didn't drop a point in this fixture. I think it carries a lot of weight psychologically and sets the tone for the season. The winner of this fixture almost always goes on the win the league.

Even without them missing some big players, this is a great opportunity for Gerrard to put this record right and send the message that this is our season.

Edited by DMAA

16 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Thing is, he won't be able to train during isolation, hardly ideal preparation.

He can still train alone on a treadmill.  Not ideal for them but he shouldnt completely lose match fitness in 10 days.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

There is a fair chance that we will have similar problems at some point this season.

Sadly this season might turn into a farce too.

Yep, thankfully we now have a squad that is far better equipped to cope with such events.

1 hour ago, Franc Ergs said:

They are missing key players due to Covid 19.
They were also awarded a league title due to Covid 19.

Can’t have it all ways.

Whilst this is true we all knew they would win the league anyway had it been played to a finish.