[FT] Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 9, 54)

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’m hearing they’re paying his entire £50k p.w. Brighton wage plus a loan fee for his services this season. 

Doesnt look great value does it ? 

i was talking about lhaxal. sean hughes was equally awful if not worse as he wasn't contributing anything other than poor defending. let's hope he is costing them. though nothing will compare to buying a 7 million center half who would be 6th choice at rangers. 3rd at aberdeen and livi and is about 5th at celtc. or a 5 million quid keeper that wouldn't make anyone's top 5 best in the SPFL. 

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’m hearing they’re paying his entire £50k p.w. Brighton wage plus a loan fee for his services this season. 

Doesnt look great value does it ? 

The man himself confirmed this on Twitter. Duffy tweeted a Brighton fan to say Celtic were paying all his wages. I had heard it was 45k but I don't know.

Duffy played 91 games in the EPL over three seasons and, on paper, looked a good signing. In that context, you have to give credit to our scouts who unearthed Filip Helander from mid table Serie A at the beginning of last season. Winning the recruitment battle is a huge part of overtaking Celtic and establishing ourselves as the best team in the country again.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Maurice Ross speaks surprisingly well. He's a coach at Motherwell now I learned, which didn't prevent him stating he wants Rangers to win the league, live on BBC Scotland radio, that's got to be off the roster of guests now surely... 

I was interested to hear him and Stewart describe us as a counter attacking side. I suppose against sides that attack us we are, but we so rarely play against teams like that I don't think of us as that type of side. I think the truth is we can play in many ways. We can keep possession for long periods and control matches and we can also sit deeper and attack at pace when the opportunity offers itself. The comment about our midfielders never needing to run, simply always jogging as their positional play is so good was also interesting. We didn't dominate possession on Saturday, Celtic had more of it albeit in areas they couldn't hurt us. I wonder if that was tactical or just how the game panned out. Who cares, we won!! 

i think you could see we were perfectly happy for them to have the ball in their own half. 

when they won it we immediately dropped off to our own half. Even the playing of Barker shows this was tactical. designed to exploit it when they lost the ball in the crowded area. especially if their defenders stepped forwards.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Neil McCann's analysis on Sportscene suggests it was tactical.

11 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

We didn't dominate possession on Saturday, Celtic had more of it albeit in areas they couldn't hurt us. I wonder if that was tactical or just how the game panned out

Letting them have the ball in that area actually compounds their frustration and, imo, has a big impact psyhcologically. As soon as you saw them pinging passes out of play under next to no pressure you knew their heads were gone and we were winning the game.

On 17/10/2020 at 19:19, Bill said:

£13m for Laxalt? Surely that can’t be right. He’s a melon. 

He was voted AC Milan's worst ever player I believe.  Went on loan to Torino, their fans wanted him punted back to AC Milan.  Lennon reckons he had a good game.  So long as Lennon is Celtic manager we have a better than average chance of winning this league !

On 18/10/2020 at 04:17, PoohBear said:

Funny how confident I felt going into the match, completely borne out by the performance and result. Going by social media it seems a fair few, if not the majority, of us felt overwhelmingly confident going into the game. Just hope we can kick on and show consistency to really grab this opportunity.

Don't want to pick on the guy too much, but when is Morelos going to get back up to speed? 12 months ago he was running teams ragged and practically controlling games by himself. He'd make and finish his own chances and was a threat everywhere. At the moment he looks slow and his distribution is really poor most of the time. He looks like he's always half a pace off the game. Is he just off form and it's a matter of time before he's back to his old self?

The Morelos point is a good one, however I look at it a different way.... we are winning games without him performing the way we know he can.  WHEN he gets back into form who will stop us ?