• Ryan Kent
    • Brandon Barker
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Ryan Jack
    • Cedric Itten
    • Joe Aribo

This is a difficult one. 

Goaldson was immense, as was Helander. 

I think each of the midfield three set the tone for the match; any one could get MotM. 

I think I'll go with Kamara: I thought he encapsulated what we did well: positionally sound, disciplined, strong in the tackle, never gave the ball away and used it well, and was not averse to driving forward with it when the situation presented itself. 

So many good performances. I actually thought the back four were all brilliant. Davis made loads of interceptions and controlled things. Arfield made that second goal. Yet again he provides a real creativity from midfield which is just great to see. We play some great stuff at times when Arfield is involved, he loves a quick one two. Kent played his role very well in the system, when the opposition have the ball he is second to none, works his socks off and defends from the front. The impact of that can easily be underestimated. On the ball I thought he lacked end product. Man of the match though is Kamara. Imperious. And the best thing is that this wasn't a one off, he has looked outstanding in all our big games this season. Fantastic to see after his stock fell badly among the support at the beginning of this year.

Edited by DMAA

When Kamara is confident, he's genuinely top drawer.  Now and again though it's like he needs a cold shower to wake him up.

Not the case recently though and, as much as Goldson was superb and scored both goals, I think the work Kamara did really enabled us to control the game throughout so he (just) gets my award this week.

He's a bit of an enigma really. A black Finn called Glenn. When he arrived at Rangers he looked like the bargain of the century. he was instrumental in everything good that Gerrard brought. Then he not only disappeared on the park but at times after last New Year he looked utterly disinterested. But since this season started he has been getting better and better for both club and country. His performance yesterday was sensational - the milestone when he became the best player on the field, the clear and obvious MOTM - that wasn't easy because there were good performances in blue shirts all around him. Goldson of course but matched by Helander, Arfield, Davis, Kent, Morelos. And wasn't it good to see Joe Aribo back too.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

So many good performances. I actually thought the back four were all brilliant. Davis made loads of interceptions and controlled things. Arfield made that second goal. Yet again he provides a real creativity from midfield which is just great to see. We play some great stuff at times when Arfield is involved, he loves a quick one two. Kent played his role very well in the system, when the opposition have the ball he is second to none, works his socks off and defends from the front. The impact of that can easily be underestimated. On the ball I thought he lacked end product. Man of the match though is Kamara. Imperious. And the best thing is that this wasn't a one off, he has looked outstanding in all our big games this season. Fantastic to see after his stock fell badly among the support at the beginning of this year.

I would actually say back 5.  Strange though that sounds.  Because, little though McGregor had to do.... if he doesnt come out and close that angle when Griffiths is put through, and force him wide, then it is almost certainly a goal which leads to a much more nervy end to the game at 2-1.