[FT] Rangers 1 (Jack 38) - 0 Kilmarnock

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm not sure Itten's showing enough - whether that's him or the team not quite clicking with him, I don't know. 

He's shown some good ability over the last few games, coming off the bench. 

When he starts, it doesn't happen for him. 

I’ve only dipped in and out of the game but he was unlucky not to get what would have been a very good assist. 

This is becoming a regular half time beef.

We have forced the Killie keeper into one save, the Kent strike touched over the bar five minutes before the break.

Please Rangers, start the second half hard, get the second and ease the pressure. Start working the keeper. 

Jack's strike is special, maybe his first touch is better than his second(the strike)?

We're not playing too well as we're a bit disjointed but the awful pitch, too many touches and Killie packing central areas means there's no space unless we move the ball a lot quicker.

Referee isn't helping by being extremely lenient with regard to continual fouling and I felt the offside goal was tighter than the highlights wanted to show (they seemed to prefer Killie players in the stand) but we need to show a lot more quality and competitiveness at times.

A long way to go in this game. Killie won't change their system immediately so we just need to keep probing, keep controlling the game and try to achieve that two goal cushion which will change the game.

Looking for a lot more from several players in that respect.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

I’ve only dipped in and out of the game but he was unlucky not to get what would have been a very good assist. 

Quality of the ball to him hasn't been quick or good enough; simple as that.

That's why Morelos is so important, he tends to go looking for it when that happens and has a bit more about him physically to occupy defenders.

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm not sure Itten's showing enough - whether that's him or the team not quite clicking with him, I don't know. 

He's shown some good ability over the last few games, coming off the bench. 

When he starts, it doesn't happen for him. 

If the whole team was functioning I would be more concerned about Itten but not many players have performed well today, therefore I don't get why he gets singled out?

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

This is becoming a regular half time beef.

We have forced the Killie keeper into one save, the Kent strike touched over the bar five minutes before the break.

Please Rangers, start the second half hard, get the second and ease the pressure. Start working the keeper. 

Jack's strike is special, maybe his first touch is better than his second(the strike)?

Said much the same thing earlier. It's almost like we've forgotten that for us to score we need to up the tempo and work their goalie 

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 1 (Jack 38) - 0 Kilmarnock