[FT] Slavia Prague 1 - 1 (Helander 36)

I have no idea about football, but for the love of the game I cannot understand some of our substitutions. This was a perfect game for Wright to show his pace and trickery (where Kent "failed"), but we went ever more defensively and had to rely on McGregor for getting the draw. 

2nd half much better, if you press them better and attack with purpose, they will shed goals. Despite some neat football, hardly the best side we faced this season.

Very happy with a draw there as, despite some decent play in the second half, we didn't play very well in possession and seemed to lack shape at times: mainly down to all our midfield three struggling for long periods: though Aribo improved when moved further forward.

They're a good team but I think we showed them too much respect for too long and it wasn't until we showed a bit more intent ourselves that we started to carry a proper threat.

That away goal could be crucial but I've no doubt we'll need to score at least once next Thursday in any case.

Good result, happy with that. Especially given our weekend celebrations, I was worried of the effect it would have. I think we will be in a better position next week to take the game to them. A lot of good performances out there again tonight too, special mention has to go to Patterson who barely had a senior appearance to his name  a few weeks ago and he doesn’t look out of place in the last 16 of the Europa league. 

Greeg's save was on the same level as Gordon Banks clawing Pele's header off the line during the 1970 World Cup. 

The ball is behind Greegs and he holds on to it. Reflexes, strength of wrist, strength of shoulder, ............. etc

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Good result, happy with that. Especially given our weekend celebrations, I was worried of the effect it would have. I think we will be in a better position next week to take the game to them. A lot of good performances out there again tonight too, special mention has to go to Patterson who barely had a senior appearance to his name  a few weeks ago and he doesn’t look out of place in the last 16 of the Europa league. 

That tackle was sublime too.

I'm very impressed with Patterson.

I stated at half time on this thread, Slavia's fitness was as high as I have seen. Certainly, their first half efforts were Fartlek standard. They come out the traps quickly and keep it going for as long as they can, I felt they dipped a fair bit on the hour mark?

At Ibrox in a week's time, I am sure we will be more aware. The other thing was both getting on the ball and retaining the ball. Slavia have a physicality, upper body strength is clearly something they continually work on. We need to match up in the second match of the tie.

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

That tackle was sublime too.

I'm very impressed with Patterson.

The opposing right back, Bah, was very good too. They picked him up in January for £1.5m. Just shows the bargains that are there to be found with the right scouting.