[FT] Slavia Prague 1 - 1 (Helander 36)

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

A night later, I am still rather unimpressed by Slavia. Enough antics to make a Spanish team proud and and for a team running away with the Czech league, less potent in attack then Willem II or Antwerp. Just my humble opinion. Once we started to play our game, we looked comfortable enough - given the low key perfomance levels of quite a few of our players.

Still not that impressed by our substitutions, Arfield was okay, yet Wright should have been on to keep them occupied in their half, why Aribo was hooked for Roofe I don`t know, as he just got into his normal stride while Kent was "too sussed out" by Slavia.

Let`s hope everyone is back to full duty come next Thursday.

Never underestimate your opponent 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

DZ was 40 when he won the World Cup, with Italy. (He was captain, i I r c.)

AMcG is only 39, so maybe we will have to wait until next year for Euro glory. (I'd take it this year, and spoil the symmetry, right enough.)

Shilton (1990) and Pat Jennings (1986) both played at the World Cup at 40. Leighton retired at 40. Buffon is still on the go also.

The condition McGregor is in he is easily playing on.

10 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Happy with the result,was thinking early game Hagi was not strong enough but glad he stayed on to give goal assist.Like all on here was in awe of save by McGregor,indeed I swore as the header was directed at goal than amazed to see Greegs had saved it.

Someone asked about crowd,they were from the front-line of Covid fight similar to our NHS.

Do we get passes for 50,000 key workers next week :D 

42 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Still not that impressed by our substitutions, Arfield was okay, yet Wright should have been on to keep them occupied in their half, why Aribo was hooked for Roofe I don`t know, as he just got into his normal stride while Kent was "too sussed out" by Slavia.

Arfield did his job well, I felt much better when he came on because he provides more protection than Aribo and has more energy than Davis. Aribo was doing well, but I felt Roofe was brought on with only 10 minutes left as his hold play is good and he is a goalscorer so if the game got stretched we had a better chance of scoring on the break with him on. I think Kent was kept on because of his defensive work, you have to remember that 1-1 was a good result for us, otherwise I think Wright would have come on.

50 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Arfield did his job well, I felt much better when he came on because he provides more protection than Aribo and has more energy than Davis. Aribo was doing well, but I felt Roofe was brought on with only 10 minutes left as his hold play is good and he is a goalscorer so if the game got stretched we had a better chance of scoring on the break with him on. I think Kent was kept on because of his defensive work, you have to remember that 1-1 was a good result for us, otherwise I think Wright would have come on.

Arfield is ridiculously good at stealing the ball in a tackle. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Arfield is ridiculously good at stealing the ball in a tackle. 

Yes, he provides a bit of defensive discipline and aggression too compared to Aribo.