4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

You may have read that some Rangers fans gathered in George Square to celebrate 55.

There was some damage to flower beds and furniture. A crowd fund was setup to pay for these damages.  Reportedly almost £10000 was raised.

Given that the sum raised was advertised it can't be a shock that the reported bill is 110% of that sum. Why then do some Rangers fans complain as if this is a terrible surprise?

beacus 5 benches and some plants hardly cost 10k and it is charities being robbed here not fans. 

Are the guys who have collected the cash in a position to verify/audit the Council's account?

I suspect not, and in the circumstances, are not really in a position to quibble. 

And now, the SNP Administration can showboat and claim that "Rangers' supporters" caused over £10 000s worth of damage to George Square.

A bit of an own goal, really. 

"Rangers fans who celebrated their first league title in a decade at illegal parties have tested positive for coronavirus and may be spreading it throughout Scotland, the chief medical officer has warned.

Coronavirus cases are rising again in Glasgow and Lanarkshire, one week after thousands of Rangers fans broke the law by holding an impromptu street party in George Square.

Some subsequently tested positive for Covid-19 and admitted to contact tracers they were at the rally or held house parties, which are also illegal under coronavirus restrictions."

There are parties going on all over the country every weekend, aren't they worthy of the Chief Medical Officer's attention? By the governments own estimate's a pretty significant percentage of the population aren't abiding by the rules (I can't remember the exact figure but it was mentioned on the news a while ago). Many young folk in their teens and 20s just want to live their lives and aren't staying in.

3 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Are the guys who have collected the cash in a position to verify/audit the Council's account?

I suspect not, and in the circumstances, are not really in a position to quibble. 

And now, the SNP Administration can showboat and claim that "Rangers' supporters" caused over £10 000s worth of damage to George Square.

A bit of an own goal, really. 

The invoice is going to Rab Marshal of the louden tavern. I suspect he will be able to get it checked no problem. 

Trouble is like any council it will be a slush fund of approved suppliers etc. 

24 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

The invoice is going to Rab Marshal of the louden tavern. I suspect he will be able to get it checked no problem. 

Trouble is like any council it will be a slush fund of approved suppliers etc. 

I think he can check the cost breakdown, if any, but I think that he will have to pony up. 

To cavil would be more bad publicity. 

Given that I could get some nice cedar wood 21mm x 65mmx 2.1m for about 40 pounds and that should support the fattest arse where do the council get their prices from , and did they send a bill to the BLM mob when they defaced the statues in the same square plus damage to the floral memorial tribute in front of the cenotaph. 

33 minutes ago, compo said:

Given that I could get some nice cedar wood 21mm x 65mmx 2.1m for about 40 pounds and that should support the fattest arse where do the council get their prices from , and did they send a bill to the BLM mob when they defaced the statues in the same square plus damage to the floral memorial tribute in front of the cenotaph. 

The difference is that Rangers' supporters offered to pay for restitution of the damage. 

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

The difference is that Rangers' supporters offered to pay for restitution of the damage. 

From memory and this was before lockdown plenty of these benches were on their last legs some had slats missing others cracked or broken , no give the council eff all .