Taking the knee

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think that one of the best ways to show support would be for some to stop nit picking about the players taking the knee.

Correct.

I really don't know why people get het up about it.  Like I say, I understand some of the connotations aren't positive but the main message remains important as we seen last night.  

17 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I’m assuming Kamara’s abuser knelt. Failed gesture. 

Not in Europe but of course racists like Kudela are taking the knee every Saturday. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I just don't think taking the knee should be a permanent fixture in football. 

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

You realise you're blaming the victim here? Black player is racially abused, black player is blamed for not reacting in a fashion leatbats agrees with. That's quite the take. 

If anyone is under any doubt why black footballers feel the need to keep awareness of racism high then surely last night is the 

Blaming the victim? How is saying they should have walked off the pitch blaming the victim? Surely that is supporting the victim or has Scottish wokeness now turned right into wrong, genuinely confused at your response 

3 hours ago, Frankie said:

Correct.

I really don't know why people get het up about it.  Like I say, I understand some of the connotations aren't positive but the main message remains important as we seen last night.  

If some of the connotations aren't positive would it not be better to find a way of showing support for the main message that doesn't have these connotations?

How difficult is it to show an anti-racism message that's not linked to BLM?

It seems crazy to me that there's all these people out there wanting to promote an anti-racism message but there's virtually nobody who wants to have an informed and mature discussion on the subject, and whether it can or should be done without referencing BLM. 

Like I say, I'd rather concentrate on the positives of the symbolism as opposed to the negative.

Sensible debate is always welcome and I've said many times that taking the knee doesn't really work but, for now, as long as our players think it helpful, then we support it.  I don't think that's too much to ask.