Taking the knee

I don't have an issue with general shows of support of anti-racism, but I am against ones that support an organisation like Black Lives Matter due to their political and anti-police leanings. 

If players don't support the extremist views of BLM then I believe that they should find another way of showing support for anti-racism.

I find the argument that taking the knee is a gesture that now goes beyond BLM as a lazy one. How do those doing it know how it's being interpreted?

8 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Again I say if the players want to do it by all means fine,but the media should stop ramming it down our throats,IMHO.

Some people who are offended by the knee have their reasons to be offended, reasons that don't mean that they are racist in any way shape or form.

It doesn't bother me as to me it lost its impetus a long time ago and has become just a ritual that takes place prior to kick off.

The one thing throughout this epidemic i'm thankful for is the fact that this kneeling is taking place with no fans present because i know some fans who would have boo'd at the very beginning which may have had a negative effect on some of our players performances.

If these gestures help even the slightest bit in eradicating the scourge of racism from our game and society at large, then carry on doing it. If those most affected by racism in our society feel this is helping, then keep on with the message.

id happily give up the ridiculous line-up and shaking hands between players and continue with anti racism messages.

Taking the knee was meant as a show of solidarity for everyone to support equality and take a stand, or knee in this case, against racism. BLM however are a politically motivated movement and as such have no place in football or sport in general. 

Footballers and Athletes in general are paid very well for their services and Black and Ethnic minorities have done very well in both of these sports as well as the majority of sports in the UK, surely a better way for these players to help would be to donate some of their huge salaries to helping disadvantaged youngsters instead of a meaningless gesture that is nothing more than virtue signalling nonsense which pamders to a Marxist political agenda.