Brandon Barker

A friend in Oxford tells me Brandon Barker has been in devastating form for Oxford Utd and has been instrumental in rescuing a dying league campaign. However, I see he was subbed tonight after 8 minutes so hopefully it's nothing serious.

I was randomly going through all the league tables this morning and saw Oxford are only 3 pts off the play offs and wondered where that came from as they were nowhere near it last time I checked.

Glad to know Barker is performing. He kinda splits the support but I quite liked him and think he has something in him.

Edited by Gribz

Barker's... alright. He's just not of the desired quality, for us, going forward.

However, I was always of the opinion that, as long as he was our player, he had qualities, or a skill set (pace, dribbling, work-rate, pressing, covering) that we could utilise in certain games. 

It's nice to see him doing well.

It seems to me that his biggest issues are mental. He seems to have difficulty adapting to playing for a big club.

Hopefully being away from the club and getting regular games will assist in that and he will come back and show that he can offer us something.

We'd be crazy to write him off and he's shown enough in flashes to warrant a chance, but I do wonder if now we've signed Wright he's missed his opportunity here. I guess none of us know what the summer holds in terms of comings & goings as things like the Euros and our finances may dictate what our squad will look like for next season.

He's a player who lost a bit of pace quite young, no doubt because of the constant injuries. I remember when he first burst on the scene with Hibs and his pace was frightening. 

As most will know on here I am not a fan of Barker, I even think Middleton has more to offer, for me he was/is a strange signing at the time, however SG has been almost spot on with his signings so far so I am willing to be wrong! I just don’t think I am ?