The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

There are 18 points to play for before the old firm game and we are currently 4 ahead so I’m hoping for a 22 point gap going into the game. 

If it's any less that 18 then I'll be demanding manager is sacked and all players sold in January.....

Joe Aribo ‘to reject’ Rangers deal amid English Premier League transfer interest

The Rangers midfielder has impressed this season and is attracting interest from the English Premier League

• BY MARK MCDOUGALL
  • 12:30, 7 DEC 2021UPDATED15:52, 7 DEC 2021

Rangers star Joe Aribo is set to reject a new deal at the club amid interest from the English Premier League, according to a report.

The midfielder has been the Ibrox side's best player this season and it would be a major blow for Giovanni van Bronckhorst to lose him.

Aribo is out of contract in the summer of 2023 and the club had been hoping to get him tied down to a new deal.

But All Nigeria Soccer claim he’s made it clear he won’t be extending his contract and wants to return to England.

Watford, Brentford and Crystal Palace and are all reportedly interested in signing him.

Brentford attempted to get him when he joined Rangers in 2018 with criticism aimed at him for not joining the London outfit.

The report in his homeland states talks between Aribo and the club were ‘not productive’.

Aribo has five goals and four assists for Rangers so far this season and has continued to impress since Van Bronckhorst joined the club.

The 25-year-old will play for Nigeria at the African Cup of Nations in January and February.

Impressive performances there could lead to further interest in him and Rangers could look to sell him next summer if he doesn’t agree a new deal.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/joe-aribo-to-reject-rangers-22387951.amp

IF the story is true, I don't blame the player for wanting to test himself down south.

Now up to Ross Wilson to ensure we receive the maximum possible fee for him and anyone else who feels they'd like to move on.

47 minutes ago, Frankie said:

IF the story is true, I don't blame the player for wanting to test himself down south.

Now up to Ross Wilson to ensure we receive the maximum possible fee for him and anyone else who feels they'd like to move on.

Unfortunately I very much doubt Aribo will extend his deal if he hasn't already. I don't believe he has been allowed to enter his last 18 months without an offer.

With 12 months left on his deal Celtic reportedly got £14m for Edouard, rising to £18m. I've no idea how they got anything like that for him, if true, and you would hope we could get a big fee for Aribo even with 12 months left on his deal in the summer. Selling in January would be too risky.

28 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

even at 12 months we have the whip hand. 

Clubs like Crystal Palace won't get him on a free he will do better. So they have to bid enough to get him with 12 months to go and fortunately even 14 million is peanuts to them. 

They spent circa £40 million on two new centre halves in the summer. And around 9 Million on the lad from Celtc. I dont want to belittle other clubs but they sum up the term 'nothing club' for me. Will never compete for, or win anything. Just yo-yo from championship and Premiership. But have the cash and players can live in London so its a massive attraction.