[FT] Rangers 5 (Morelos 11', 64'; Kamara 72'; Arfield 75'; Sakala 84') - 0 Hearts

So lads, how are we feeling after a few days to digest and reflect since the shambles on Wednesday? 

I want to see changes, that's the first thing.

I guess we'll see Balogun in at CB and Basset back into his natural position at LB and Barisic training with the youths (with any luck). Then we need to see Jack starting, Ramsey starting and Aribo behind the forwards. I don't think Gio will replace Tav with the new boy, but I'd love it if he does. 

I expect to see Sakala and Diallo flank Morelos up front.  Expect Greegsy to stay in the team but I'd prefer to start phasing him out as the season goes on. This is his last season, no debate. 

More than selection and formation, we need to see intensity and desire from the off, moving the ball quickly and smartly when in possession and pressing high, closing them down when out of possession. Just the basic fucking things we should be doing as a Rangers team. 

I'm so excited to see Ramsey tomorrow, it will bring a little bounce to my step pre-match that I may not have had otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

So lads, how are we feeling after a few days to digest and reflect since the shambles on Wednesday? 

I want to see changes, that's the first thing.

I guess we'll see Balogun in at CB and Basset back into his natural position at LB and Barisic training with the youths (with any luck). Then we need to see Jack starting, Ramsey starting and Aribo behind the forwards. I don't think Gio will replace Tav with the new boy, but I'd love it if he does. 

I expect to see Sakala and Diallo flank Morelos up front.  Expect Greegsy to stay in the team but I'd prefer to start phasing him out as the season goes on. This is his last season, no debate. 

More than selection and formation, we need to see intensity and desire from the off, moving the ball quickly and smartly when in possession and pressing high, closing them down when out of possession. Just the basic fucking things we should be doing as a Rangers team. 

I'm so excited to see Ramsey tomorrow, it will bring a little bounce to my step pre-match that I may not have had otherwise. 

Great post

I will be honest and as much as it pains me to say it I would drop McGregor.  I think his failure to come for high balls, dominate the box and come off his line swiftly is causing unnecessary problems in the back four.  He is slow to play the ball out too.  I have no doubt we will miss his amazing saves but there are so many things he is not doing.

I'm still seriously hacked off about Wednesday.  I was hoping the Milan derby would cheer me up a bit but that wasn't to be.

McGregor and Barisic should both be dropped but one could probably argue that for the majority of players.  

It'll be interesting to see what GVB does with Kent and Tav, who were undroppable when Gerrard was here but were very poor the other night.  

Edited by Gonzo79

I wouldn't be too bothered if McGregor was left out as we have a very good keeper to come in to replace him! however I don't buy into this McGregor should be dropped theory!. McGregor is still our best keeper IMO, it's the word ''dropped'' I find a bit irritating like he is done or he is shite! which he certainly is not!.

To me it's scapegoating which is not a thing I like! the man performed heroics in the match against them and if not for him we might have went in at half time 5/6 down! Jon McGlaughlin is a good keeper but is still 2nd to McGregor in ability, IMO.

He did have a nightmare against Ross County, but what keeper hasn't had a nightmare in games?. He was badly let down by the rest of the team against them on Wednesday yet still had a cracking game.

I think we'll know within the first ten minutes or so against Hearts whether we are going to challenge for the title this season. The answer will be seen in the tempo of our play. If is isn't hugely improved from Wednesday we will know that the players and coaching staff haven't been able to react in the required fashion and that in all likelihood we face more points dropped in the weeks ahead and Celtic running away with the league.

Any time we've been able to reflect our individual quality in a high tempo performance, we've run over the top of our opposition. Whenever we've reverted to the slow, hesitant football we've seen so often in the past, we struggle.

One of my erstwhile favourite players, Glen Kamara, has become so prone to slowing play and inhibiting transition from defence to attack that he sucks the tempo out of most games he plays in. That can't go on and I believe is the reason he was hooked at half time in midweek. If he plays against Hearts then he needs to have a very different attitude. Barisic is so notorious at slowing play that he's a luxury we can no longer afford, end of. I think their omission would help in moving the ball more quickly and give our forward players more of an opportunity to find space. Hearts should be stern opposition and an excellent yardstick by which to measure our intent as a team. I'd like to see something like this, with six positional or selection changes from the starting line up against Celtic.

McLaughlin

Tavernier-Goldson-Balogun-Bassey

Ramsey-Jack-Aribo

Diallo-Morelos-Sakala

We'll likely start this game 4 points adrift. We simply can't let that margin continue into the next game. 

Tomorrow will also give us an insight to the management teams thinking. Whilst we are all advocating changes to the starting line-up, the formation, the tempo and the performance it'll be interesting to see who is selected to start.

Easier said than done but we shouldn't be too hung up about theor results knowing that we win the next 14 league games, we'll be champions again. However givin our current form, there is little to no chance of that happening .

Edited by CammyF

10 hours ago, Bill said:

I think we'll know within the first ten minutes or so against Hearts whether we are going to challenge for the title this season. The answer will be seen in the tempo of our play. If is isn't hugely improved from Wednesday we will know that the players and coaching staff haven't been able to react in the required fashion and that in all likelihood we face more points dropped in the weeks ahead and Celtic running away with the league.

Any time we've been able to reflect our individual quality in a high tempo performance, we've run over the top of our opposition. Whenever we've reverted to the slow, hesitant football we've seen so often in the past, we struggle.

One of my erstwhile favourite players, Glen Kamara, has become so prone to slowing play and inhibiting transition from defence to attack that he sucks the tempo out of most games he plays in. That can't go on and I believe is the reason he was hooked at half time in midweek. If he plays against Hearts then he needs to have a very different attitude. Barisic is so notorious at slowing play that he's a luxury we can no longer afford, end of. I think their omission would help in moving the ball more quickly and give our forward players more of an opportunity to find space. Hearts should be stern opposition and an excellent yardstick by which to measure our intent as a team. I'd like to see something like this, with six positional or selection changes from the starting line up against Celtic.

McLaughlin

Tavernier-Goldson-Balogun-Bassey

Ramsey-Jack-Aribo

Diallo-Morelos-Sakala

We'll likely start this game 4 points adrift. We simply can't let that margin continue into the next game. 

That starting XI leaves Jack with a lot to do on his own in central MF in my opinion. He could easily get outnumbered.

Its a very attack-minded formation.