[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 1 Rangers (Aribo 76')

10 hours ago, compo said:

Can you imagine some of the Scottish referees in a wee VAR studio with no one to question their authority I can almost hear it , what game have I got oh the Rangers game well there's no way they'll be winning. 

It might work in other countries but it will  never work in the religious bigoted Scottish game 

I think the reason VAR seems to work so well in European games is that the referees are better. They therefore do not miss so many incidents and VAR is used rarely. Should VAR come to Scotland, a big problem is the lack of good referees. On a match day when all teams are playing, are there the numbers for the VAR studio. Also, as our referees are not good enough, the dangers is that they will make fewer decisions, relying on VAR to make the decision for them, which in turn will lead to lots of stoppages.

Having said all that, I'm sure VAR will come and it will be interesting to see how it is operated.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

I think the reason VAR seems to work so well in European games is that the referees are better. They therefore do not miss so many incidents and VAR is used rarely. Should VAR come to Scotland, a big problem is the lack of good referees. On a match day when all teams are playing, are there the numbers for the VAR studio. Also, as our referees are not good enough, the dangers is that they will make fewer decisions, relying on VAR to make the decision for them, which in turn will lead to lots of stoppages.

Having said all that, I'm sure VAR will come and it will be interesting to see how it is operated.

the var can be run from any country and is much easier to get right. 

8 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

It's just a matter of time before AI takes it over completely and you can't argue with a machine.

Can AI tell us if the handball incident was deliberate or not?

I've worked with AI and it isn't perfect either.

1 hour ago, Yorkie Bear said:

A) there need to be a system (and  I actually  think there is one, only that you don`t see any consequences) that referees' decisions and errors are analyzed and if the standard don`t change, the referee is demoted or won`t referee any longer.

B) VAR is the way ahead, even if those sitting behind the screens are not much better than those out there in the field. BUT if these people get decisions clearly to be seen on the screen (like we had various slow-motions in previous games) wrong by the letter of the rules too, you know that a) something is afoot here or b) both referees are not fit for the job and need to be removed. But you need hard evidence for that, not the "in the heat of the game", "honest mistake", and "I didn`t see it properly" mumbo-jumbo. Of course, if the VAR guy says that there is something noteworthy, the ref himself has to watch it again and make a decision. We will all see it again and if it stacks up like in the case of the Yahoos, you have evidence for that to present to the authorities (or, in fact their ruling bodies).

Has anyone actually take it upon him/her to check who actually refreed the 6 or 7 games where the Yahoos' opponents were denied clear to stone-wall penalties?

C) Anyone counted how many fouls Madden didn`t give against us and how many bad decisions he made that cost us games? Maybe it is time to tell the SFA that we won`t want incompetent referees like him anywhere near our fixtures?

Methinks it is 10 years past since ref Dougie McDonald was hounded out of the game because he got a decision against the Scum right? 

BTW, it is utterly typcial of the Scottish clan mindset that managers and clubs alike lament after games about the heinous decisions like mentioned above, but there is no consensus or front against the SFA et al to change things, add VAR et al. (Obviously, given the dire state of the Scottish authorities, who`d finance the VAR stuff and the people behind the screens?)

I’ve been a bit worried for a while that we don’t have as many goalscorers in the team as Celtic do. We should have scored far more than 1 yesterday, and they found a goal from a poacher again. 

Edited by DMAA

How utterly predictable was that then? Scud Dortmund then come flying out the traps at an away ground before giving away a simple goal.

Games like that are just so depressing to watch with the other team packing the penalty box and doing all the usual time-wasting from the off. But we should be more than good enough to break them down. Clearly we were unlucky yesterday - hitting the post and 2/3 times, Alfie came so close to scoring by being in the right place at the right time but the final ball to him was just inches away  etc. But even without those missed penalty decisions, we should be swatting teams like that aside. 

BTW, nothing will convince me that we wouldn't have a stronger defence if we'd bought Souttar in January. We get out-muscled from set pieces way too often, players seem to lose their opponents and we still don't seem to know what to do with high balls - the amount of times we let them bounce instead of attacking them is ridiculous. Its bread and butter stuff in Scotland.