[FT] St Johnstone 0 - 1 Rangers (Kamara 3)

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

An early goal and not a shot on target since. Looks like a St Johnstone-Aberdeen game to be honest. Still no signs that we are improving any time soon.

The pitch is dreadful and I get a few players will be feeling the effects of a lot of game-time but we simply have to be a lot, lot better than this. To sit so deep and allow St Johnstone so much possession is asking for trouble. Manager should be going berserk right now.

I think Gio has to change it at half-time?

Good start, early goal and first 20 minutes we are in control. Saints have stuck at it, getting tackles in on the half way line and, springing the diagonal out right. Bassey has been cautioned, thus more pressure coming his way. The last 15 minutes show Saints having 65% possession. Our midfield have fallen out of it. We need forward pace on our right, or Tav' is going to be sucked into getting further and further forward.

Saints remain very much in this game.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

A reasonable start but we then resorted to the ponderous tempo we see too often from this team - not helped by the touch and decision-making of Aribo, Arfield and Kent not being good enough.  Indeed, St Johnstone then took control of the game for the final 10mins of the half; even if Arfield should have extended our lead.

We have to be a lot better than this.

Very much so. Kamara started high up the park but dropped ever deeper. Aribo was nigh invisible for 30 mins ... instead of being the one behind Morelos pulling the creative strings.

Arfield and Kent once more (how many "once mores" can you have?) show that their killer instinct is more that of a fly swat. That could and should have been 2 or 3 goals from them alone.

Our right flank attack-wise is virtually non-exisiting, as Arfield is working tirelessly back and thus is missing up top.

Bassey doing well again.

Edited by der Berliner

Just now, Frankie said:

The pitch is dreadful and I get a few players will be feeling the effects of a lot of game-time but we simply have to be a lot, lot better than this. To sit so deep and allow St Johnstone so much possession is asking for trouble. Manager should be going berserk right now.

What really concerns me is the lack of control. 57% possession isn't good enough. I think if you compared our possession to Celtic's, or to our's last season, there would be a pretty big difference. We just aren't playing like champions at all.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

An early goal and not a shot on target since. Looks like a St Johnstone-Aberdeen game to be honest. Still no signs that we are improving any time soon.

we've significantly increased our conversion rate

Just now, DMAA said:

What really concerns me is the lack of control. 57% possession isn't good enough. I think if you compared our possession to Celtic's, or to our's last season, there would be a pretty big difference. We just aren't playing like champions at all.

Agreed. There's a nervousness about our play which manifests itself in poor control and slack passing.

Not looking forward to this half - the longer it goes on at 0-1, the more nervous we all become.