MotM vs Crvena zvezda

MotM vs Crvena Zvezda  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MotM vs Crvena Zvezda?

• Allan McGregor
    • Calvin Bassey
    • Leon Balogun
    • Connor Goldson
    • James Tavernier
    • John Lundstram
    • Ryan Jack
    • Glen Kamara
    • Ryan Kent
    • Joe Aribo
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • James Sands
    • Fashion Sakala

Can I get 7 or 8 votes please :D Most of the team were excellent. I know he didnt play 90 minutes but I thought Jack was at the heart of most of our play so went for him.

Could easily have been Tav Morleos Kent Balogun Bassey :P 

• Frankie changed the title to MotM vs Crvena zvezda

Tav' was outstanding, Lundstram showed real tactical awareness, Ryan Jack continues to be our metronome, Ryan Kent was ......... etc

However, I am going for Alfie. A good goal and a constant pest. In the second half, Greegs was firing the ball at him, knowing he would take it in, lay it off, win a free kick, ....... etc. The clincher was his attitude in the first half, we were struggling and the through ball sees Alfie arrogantly push the Belgrade defender away before taking control of the ball and moving towards goal. 

Edited by 26th of foot

I felt only 3 players didn't qualify for contention this time. A case could be made for all the rest. Tavernier was outstanding, the Jack & Lundstram partnership continues to excel, Goldson and Balogun both played well and adapted to the changing defensive formations, McGregor confounded his critics with fantastic saves, while Kent and Morelos terrorised their defence. Having re-watched much of the game, I've gone for Ryan Jack, who always seemed to be where he was needed and despite their penalty award.

There's also a need to mention young James Sands, who came on in an arena of noise and passion but looked as composed and capable as anyone. This fellow is clearly a star in the making.

It's been obvious for a while that Aribo and Kamara both look in dire need of a rest to recharge their batteries. These are good players who made little impact on the game and continuing to play them week after week is doing no favours to them or the team