[FT] Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic (Ramsey 3')

13 minutes ago, craig said:

Given it is a remote decision making tool there is absolutely ZERO reason that it needs to be someone inside the Scottish game.  Get a Dermot Gallagher type ex-ref who still understands the rules to be the video ref.  Let them retain their anonymity though otherwise, as we all know, the Tims will start threatening them and there goes your objectivity

Dermot Gallagher, the self-confessed Celtic fan???? 😀

2 hours ago, Bill said:

VAR wasn't introduced yesterday in England, yet recent weeks have shown plenty of instances where further scrutiny reveals a consensus that VAR achieved the wrong critical decisions. The assumption in England is that these mistakes are unintentional and unfortunate, nothing more, but in Scotland you will add to the equation the same underlying and persistent cheating that characterised the work of the Compliance Officer - a series of incumbents carefully chosen for their predisposition towards Celtic. It will inevitably be the same with VAR and any thought this won't be the case should quickly be consigned to the bin of naivety.

VAR isn't a panacea, it's simply a tool that can be used wisely and fairly .... or not. In Scotland it will be used to corroborate the will of authorities we already know we can't trust. In the past we've had cause to call for foreign referees in OF games and you can apply the same to VAR but that will never happen. We live in a social cesspit where government, church and media conspire in only one direction - and it's against that backcloth that everything has to be viewed.

I can't argue with that. You're not wrong. 

Although-- which "wrong decisions" are you talking about? I don't think they get wrong decisions. Often the interpretation -- which is built into the rules -- is annoying, but it's not the wrong decision. Often the rules look to be problematic, which is an issue, but it's not the wrong decision. 

Maybe I am naive, but I think, at the very least it'll shine a light on decision-making. If they consistently make wrong decisions, then corruption comes into it. 

The main issue many have stems from the rules. It's not VAR per se, it's the rules that are shown to be problematic. In those instances the rules have to change.

4 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

linesmen were fine on sunday

Not from where i sit in SJ front,main stand linesman first half missed too many off-sides but must have charged his flag at half time as it seemed to raise okay finding our players off-side.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Dermot Gallagher, the self-confessed Celtic fan???? 😀

He was an example mate.  However, if you watch him give his analysis post game on VAR type incidents he looks at them from a referees perspective.

I mean, Pierluigi Collina would be the man for the job - point being it doesnt need to be anyone with an affiliation with Rangers or Celtic, just an ex ref who understands the rules as they currently stand

18 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Not from where i sit in SJ front,main stand linesman first half missed too many off-sides but must have charged his flag at half time as it seemed to raise okay finding our players off-side.

I dont think it was off, but their first goal must have been close - I THINK Tav played Rogic on, woudl have been good to see again

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I can't argue with that. You're not wrong. 

Although-- which "wrong decisions" are you talking about? I don't think they get wrong decisions. Often the interpretation -- which is built into the rules -- is annoying, but it's not the wrong decision. Often the rules look to be problematic, which is an issue, but it's not the wrong decision. 

Maybe I am naive, but I think, at the very least it'll shine a light on decision-making. If they consistently make wrong decisions, then corruption comes into it. 

The main issue many have stems from the rules. It's not VAR per se, it's the rules that are shown to be problematic. In those instances the rules have to change.

And in fairness to the EPL, they have tweaked their interpretation of the rules due to how VAR is used.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

My bet is that VAR will be misused to corroborate bias.

VAR wont change a thing about your basic Tims rational approach to decision making. If you start from a position that is riddled with paranoia and perceived injustice, you'll always find a way to bend the facts to suit your warped view. I deal with a range of Tims on a daily basis and they all have one thing in common...no matter what the situation is, they will never take a balanced view on any action that effects Celtic. It's impossible. It's akin to a cult IMO. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

VAR wont change a thing about your basic Tims rational approach to decision making. If you start from a position that is riddled with paranoia and perceived injustice, you'll always find a way to bend the facts to suit your warped view. I deal with a range of Tims on a daily basis and they all have one thing in common...no matter what the situation is, they will never take a balanced view on any action that effects Celtic. It's impossible. It's akin to a cult IMO. 

The point of VAR isnt to change the mindset of Tims.  It is to take away the "honest mistakes" of refs.  To give them support in their decision-making.  How Tims perceive decisions should be completely irrelevant to the decision made by a ref or a VAR (although we know that, at present, Tim mindset absolutely plays into the decision-making as they just threaten refs and tan their windows)