Rangers looking at midfielder Sissako (Waregem) and Aberdeen youngster Pollard

44 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Aston Villa agree deal with Kamara!

Boubacar Kamara from Marseille

Great player btw. Gerrard and co are shopping on a completely different level than even the best players in the SPL. They will spend big in the summer and bring in top quality. 

On 21/05/2022 at 02:29, CammyF said:

Do you actually read posts or the article I attached? Next season is the last of Gilmours current contract so he can sign a pre-contract in Jan 2023. 

He is available in loan next season as not part of Chelsea' s plans going forward unless the manager changes. 

So in theory he can sign 1 year loan in summer than is free to sign a pre contract in January. 

So where is the need to pay £15M for him? 

Time will tell, but...he ain't coming here.

He left us, because WE were not big enough for HIM.

That is why he is in the EPL.

He is 20...dreams do not die at 20.

Twenty year old players, at teams like Chelsea, come to Rangers when they are injury prone, or unfit for purpose.

He is young, he has a lot of potential, Chelsea know that.

Smart teams with deep pockets don't give up on youngsters that quick, unless for the afore.

They also know he is playing at a dogshit side in Norwich who are on their second manager of the season.

This cannot be attributed to Gilmour...Chelsea know this...smart teams know this.

So,  I FULLY expect wee little Gilmour to sign an extension, and this fantasy, once again can fade into the background.

So, unless we are ready to throw some serious cash at this little man...15...20...25M?

waynes world dreaming GIF

It's all just a dream...

Edited by Malangsob

On 16/05/2022 at 13:34, Bill said:

Football in Scotland is just a reflection of the people who run the game. It could be so much better than it is.

Had that very conversation with Kevin Thomson yesterday - until Scottish football stops eating itself to death and being run by incompetent twats only interested in the blazer then we will forever be a backwater

On 17/05/2022 at 07:34, Bill said:

I'll be very surprised if Bassey isn't still at Rangers next season.

The boy absolutely gets it.  He just does.  Genuinely think that he greatly appreciates us picking him up from relative obscurity at Leicester and wants to repay that faith shown in him.  Oozes class, on AND off the pitch.  Can't believe he had a half dozen clubs reject him for their academies just 6 or 7 years ago.

On 19/05/2022 at 07:47, der Berliner said:

I`ll make that Transfer Thread early next week.

Going by what we have seen this and the previous seasons, IMHO, certain players get far too much playing time despite not performing consistently a high level ... or a level they are capable of. Thus, they seemingly ended up in a comfort zone and it showed in their level of performance and application. This may sound harder than it is intended, but yesterday was a prime example of Aribo jogging about for much of the game with hardly any impact whatsoever. One shot and a goal that came to him more or less by error-stricken Eintracht play. How he made it to the 100+ mins was totally beyond me. Likewise, when we have Jack and Ludnstram in midfield, Kamara's "free role" usually yields next to no results, unless he picks himself up and plays further up the field. Yet, he drops too deep and is a blunt weapon. When you have attacking power like Sakala, Roofe, Ramsey, Lowry, Arfield et al on the bench, watching this struggle (week in and week out) is even more dire. Now, the players don`t pick themselves, but for some reason, SG and Gio deem  them worth a starting slot far too often. Maybe it is time that someone indeed comes in with a big bid and relieves our manager of this "problem". Other than injury, we probably won`t see much change. Same goes with formations.

Goldson - In the cold light of day, he had one really good season, the rest was what you would expect of a Rangers centre-half. This season, he went back to that "normal" level, and like yesterday, showed, that there will be life after him at Ibrox. Thanks for the memories and good luck.

McGregor - I don`t think we will have him with us next season. For all the good saves he made, the errors that de facto cost us the title earlier this year will probably stick to the memory for some time to come.

lol.  "Aribo jogging about for much of the game" - that is exactly what you would expect of a player being asked to play the lone striker role in searing heat.  Messi doesnt even jog about, he strolls about the pitch.  Know why ?  Because he conserves energy for when it is actually needed.  What did you want Aribo to do - sprint all across the back line and hound the keeper, rendering him completely useless ?

I would suggest that if you are complaining about Aribo "jogging about for much of the game" that you read up on how a false 9 is expected to play

On 19/05/2022 at 09:23, der Berliner said:

Well, it's not about likes or dislikes, I have nothing against Kamara (who is a truly gifted footballer) or Aribo (likewise). But when players are picked to no reasonable gain and with hardly any contribution or end product ahead of - in all likelyhood - better options for a game at hand, you ask questions of why they kept being picked.

Aribo`s role yesterday was clear, and I did not exactly saw him excelling it. Again. For 80+ mins he was jogging about.

Kamara`s role was ... well, you can try to tell me. We had Jack and Lundstram doing the hard shift in CM and DM. Kamara or either of the aforementioned was not needed. And we`ve seen this before too. We pack the midfield with CMs and DMs time and again, even against teams in low blocks. Play wonderful passes in DM and along the half-way line (as if we were doing ice hockey or handball), but show little creativity or penetration - not to mention goal threat. And that`s been the case throughout SG`s reign in the Scottish league. So yes, I for one would prefer an attacking player instead of a second or even third CM/DM in these games, games that we have toiled time and again in. And results are the facts that show how true this is, in case your memory is on the polar-opposite of mine.

Kamara I can give you though here - thought he was largely ineffective - would have preferred we had Davis in there and released Lundstram a little higher - or even brought Lowry on as a more potent attacking threat that could have connected the midfield to Aribo.

On 19/05/2022 at 09:23, der Berliner said:

Well, it's not about likes or dislikes, I have nothing against Kamara (who is a truly gifted footballer) or Aribo (likewise). But when players are picked to no reasonable gain and with hardly any contribution or end product ahead of - in all likelyhood - better options for a game at hand, you ask questions of why they kept being picked.

Aribo`s role yesterday was clear, and I did not exactly saw him excelling it. Again. For 80+ mins he was jogging about.

Kamara`s role was ... well, you can try to tell me. We had Jack and Lundstram doing the hard shift in CM and DM. Kamara or either of the aforementioned was not needed. And we`ve seen this before too. We pack the midfield with CMs and DMs time and again, even against teams in low blocks. Play wonderful passes in DM and along the half-way line (as if we were doing ice hockey or handball), but show little creativity or penetration - not to mention goal threat. And that`s been the case throughout SG`s reign in the Scottish league. So yes, I for one would prefer an attacking player instead of a second or even third CM/DM in these games, games that we have toiled time and again in. And results are the facts that show how true this is, in case your memory is on the polar-opposite of mine.

You mean going a full season without losing a game in the league ?  You mean reaching the Europa League final ?  Those results ?  Those facts ?

On 20/05/2022 at 04:38, Rousseau said:

Where would Gilmour play?

We're stacked in central midfield.

If we could get him permanently, sure, but he'll be in demand, so that's unlikely, for me.

This just sounds like the Ramsey move. 

I really don't understand this attraction to Gilmour. You want to bring in an untested teenager, brushing aside our best players and assets to fit him in? Not for me. 

How is he untested ?  Played in the EPL for Chelsea, played all season in the EPL for Norwich (which was an awful move for him AND Chelsea) - has been MOTM against Liverpool when up against Fabinho... TWICE.... is already a proven international.  Part of a CL winning squad.

How is he untested ?