State Of The Squad

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Does anyone think that is us covered? 

I think it was a mistake to renew Arfield's contract, but I suppose he's a good professional to have around. It's similar to Davis, but I can actually see Davis playing the odd game. Whereas with Arfield, I'd rather see Lowry, Hagi, Tillman, Lawrence play.

We don't need a CB, but I wouldn't mind another. 

Of course, if anyone leaves, we'll need a replacement.

If Bassey leaves we need another left sided CB and LB or one player of his mould who can play both positions

2 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I hope to God we don't sell Bassey; he really is irreplaceable. Please don't give me that 'nobody is indispensable' nonsense.

But if he stays he only has 2 years left and if he does not sign a contract extension the money we will get for him will drop drastically next year, if he was on a 3 or 4 year contract I would agree to keep hold of him he is absolutely brilliant but he is not and after the Goldson saga and Aribo leaving for alot less than we could have received because he was not tied down makes me think we should cash in if a player does not want to sign a contract with 2 years left we need to stop letting players run down their contracts.

2 hours ago, WorthingBear91 said:

If Bassey leaves we need another left sided CB and LB or one player of his mould who can play both positions

If Borna was to play somewhere near the top of his game, it'd go a long way to sorting out the gap on the left.

But the IF is a big one given his inconsistency.

We definately need to recruit a solid centre half who isn't injury prone.

17 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I'm strangely positive about selling Bassey, aye we'll miss him, but its a phenomenal piece of business if the quoted figures bear out, and it means some of the money can then be outlayed on more potential future stars.

We HAVE to operate this way.

Yes we will miss him, but he has only played about 50 games

for us. We would miss Tav, Goldson,

Kent or Morelos more. We will also miss Aribo especially on the European nights.

(LW) Kent / Sakala / Middleton -  (ST) Morelos / Roofe / Colak - (RW) Wright / Matondo

(#10) Hagi / Lowry / Lawrence / Tillman

(CM) Davis / Kamara / Lundstram / Jack / Arfield / McCann

(LB) Barisic / AN Other - (LCB) Helander / Souttar / King - (RCB) Goldson / Sands / Katic - (RB) Tavernier / Zukowski / Devine

(GK) McLaughlin / McGregor / McCrorie

We could promote King to that LB slot - if they consider him a LB; he might be seen as a CB primarily. 

If it's the former, I still think we need a CB as cover. If it's the latter, we need a replacement LB.

(LW) Kent / Sakala / Middleton -  (ST) Morelos / Roofe / Colak - (RW) Wright / Matondo

(#10) Hagi / Lowry / Lawrence / Tillman

(CM) Davis / Kamara / Lundstram / Jack / Arfield / McCann

(LB) Barisic / AN Other - (LCB) Sands / Davies / Helander / King - (RCB) Goldson / Souttar / Katic - (RB) Tavernier / Zukowski / Devine

(GK) McLaughlin / McGregor / McCrorie