State Of The Squad

The goalkeeping position still seems unresolved and that can't be good. I like our number one to be a clear and stable choice but instead no one seems to know who owns the gloves. McGregor is clearly at the end of a wonderful career and prolonging his tenure just seems like dithering. McLaughlin looks like the one we should be elevating to first choice but it's far from obvious that's the case. The situation appears so messy that I'd rather we had brought in a new first choice keeper and ditched both of the current two. 

Goalkeeping - If McGregor is as fresh as ever then he starts hands down. A genuine world class shot stopper to this day. Alright he may not be this new play it from feet type but that is easily sorted if a defener takes the ball from him on a goal kick instantly.

Personally - Id be using the Bassey money and going to Arsenal and paying the asking price of 10 million for Leno.

Edited by Gribz

2 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Goalkeeping - If McGregor is as fresh as ever then he starts hands down. A genuine world class shot stopper to this day. Alright he may not be this new play it from feet type but that is easily sorted if a defener takes the ball from him on a goal kick instantly.

Personally - Id be using the Bassey money and going to Arsenal and paying the asking price of 10 million for Leno.

Any keeper playing for Rangers should be stopping shots but we can no longer afford the luxury of a keeper who won't come for high balls and whose distribution from hand or foot is so poor.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Any keeper playing for Rangers should be stopping shots but we can no longer afford the luxury of a keeper who won't come for high balls and whose distribution from hand or foot is so poor.

My jury is out on this tactic Bill, McGregor isnt going to adapt in his final year. I just dont think Mcloughin (sp) is good enough.

We have had an immense run of goalkeepers through the last 3-4 decades and McGregor has been right up there.

Gio is clever he will know exactly what he wants.

Edited by Gribz

6 minutes ago, Gribz said:

My jury is out on this tactic Bill, McGregor isnt going to adapt in his final year. I just dont think Mcloughin (sp) is good enough.

We have had an immense run of goalkeepers through the last 3-4 decades and McGregor has been right up there.

Gio is clever he will know exactly what he wants.

👍 

For me, the signs are that he wants to sign a new keeper but can't find one (so far).

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

👍

For me, the signs are that he wants to sign a new keeper but can't find one (so far).

Hence my previous comment go for Leno at Arsenal. Yes its a long shot but its obvious he doesnt want to go to Fulham. Can we get Klos on the phone to him. That is a great shout. Other than that keepers are not propping out.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

GvB said the Turkish LB would probably be our last signing.

I think we might buy again if either we sell one of our better players (eg Kamara) or we qualify for the CL group stage.