The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, buster. said:

Is Dutch media as desperate as much of ours is for attention ?...

I don’t think any media is like the Scottish media. It’s unique in its disingenuous and consistently wrong approach. So far this window Greek and German reporters have been spot on about our transfers. 

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I don’t think any media is like the Scottish media. It’s unique in its disingenuous and consistently wrong approach. So far this window Greek and German reporters have been spot on about our transfers. 

Aye, but be fair,...we have different levels of bad.

Have you seen anyone vouch for this guy as being credible ?

33 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Surely not too far fetched for them to have a conversation with a football agent or some other informed person.

If the tweet I saw is the source referred to, then the opinion was based on a single sample transfer of Haller bought from West Ham.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Aye, but be fair,...we have different levels of bad.

Have you seen anyone vouch for this guy as being credible ?

He seems to have a number of high profile European football journalists following him. Including the likes of Honingstin and Age Fjortoft among his 100k+ followers. I wouldn’t have posted it on here without giving the account a quick check over but I suppose credibility is subjective when it comes to these things so people can make up their own minds.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He seems to have a number of high profile European football journalists following him. Including the likes of Honingstin and Age Fjortoft among his 100k+ followers. I wouldn’t have posted it on here without giving the account a quick check over but I suppose credibility is subjective when it comes to these things so people can make up their own minds.

Thanks

Not on twitter, so can't delve into such detail.

26 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

don't see how the club could turn down any bids over even £8 million. Even with the run to the Europa League Final and the sale of Aribo and Patterson we're still a club that needs to bring in money and if someone offers us that kind of cash and I don't see how we can turn it down. 

Agree. We don’t spend big on players, have a weak position year on year financially and sold Aribo for far less than expected. As much as we all want to see this 25 million for Bassey - it’s not happening.

Aribo was in the last year of his contract and has been a steady improver during his time with us.  Bassey has two years left and went from being a bit part player to a star in one season.  

He is one player we should be trying to get a premium fee for, especially if Ajax and a few EPL clubs are interested.  

Edited by Gonzo79

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aribo was in the last year of his contract and has been a steady improver during his time with us.  Bassey has two years left and went from being a bit part player to a star in one season.  

He is one player we should be trying to get a premium fee for, especially if Ajax and a few EPL clubs are interested.  

Correct, he’s the one player we can and should sell high.