The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Only my opinion but there’s no way this transfer window is finished for Rangers. I expect further business pending CL results. We’ll see. 

No!!!!, sack the board, another wasted transfer window!!!, the BEASTS are doing all the signing! Wilson should resign!,……………..

talkSPORT

@talkSPORT

·

Follow

𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: Rangers defender Calvin Bassey is wanted by Brighton and Ajax. The left-back is also attracting interest from other Premier League sides. - talkSPORT sources understand

14 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Calvin Bassey is wanted by Brighton and Ajax

Brighton? He can do much better than that.

Ajax? Hope not because I don’t think they buy expensively.

Edited by Scott7

46 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Brighton? He can do much better than that.

Ajax? Hope not because I don’t think they buy expensively.

Brighton can pay us a lot for him and pay him a lot of money. That’s what matters these days sadly.  Ajax would be a good move for him from a footballing perspective and no doubt they could sell him to a elite club for 60 million plus after a couple of years.

Ajax just spent 30 million on Berjwin from Spurs and selling Lisandro Martinez to Man U for big money. So they have the means.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

Any deal close to 20M and we have to try and push the deal through IMO.

If we could, then the player trading model starts to go beyond 'baby steps' and making a real difference.

Will the stock of Bassey playing in Scotland get any higher ?

We could qualify in the CL and he shows up well or he gets ragdolled but high quality players, uncertain.

If a good bid is real, take it.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd be looking for £20m + add ons for Bassey.  Especially if there are several suitors.

Ideally, yes; but I feel we're rejecting 'good enough' bids and waiting for the perfect bid that may not come. 

We did the same with Morelos. 

If it's Ajax, I would take a couple of million off for an increased sell-on fee. I feel like they can sell on for more in the future. Brighton: I'd want more up-front.