The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Tillman is an exciting prospect, but a project just lile Aribo. Option to buy is good business sense. 

Could we pull a rabbit out the hat with a further signing? Hopefully not dependent on Bassey's potential departure.

41 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I take it Tillman is an attacking midfielder?

Any opinions on him, anyone?

Don't have much to go on but I think he looks like a very promising attacking midfielder. Very good technically and as @Rousseausays an ability to play through balls that I’m not sure anyone we currently have. Its been said of him that he is very strong too and can contribute defensively, so can play as an 8 and not sure a 10. 

Big caveats are that at this stage he hasn't really played much senior football so we don't have any data on him. It's a promising sign that Bayern gave him a few league appearances (75 mins once), they would only play the youngsters they rated highest. 

18 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Do you think he will compliment Hagi or compete with Hagi?

I don't know; it's a strange one. 

It really depends on where GvB sees Hagi's position; he was played wide quite often.

I think Tillman is more of a second-striker - and striker at times - rather than a deeper #10; and he doesn't really play wide.

Hagi is a #10, who can play wide - although we don't care for it. 

The more I see of Tillman, the more I think he's more of a second-striker/centre-forward. 

Obviously, he'll play as a #10, but in style, he's more of a second-striker; very central, looking to get into the box for lay-offs and get goals. He does like to play through-balls, but he's playing them from quite high up. 

He'll probably be competing with Hagi for that #10 spot, but in style, they're quite different - like Mesut Ozil and Thomas Muller. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We should be looking to sell Hagi after this season anyway. 

He's been here a few years, and he's entering his peak, and potentially peak value. 

I think if we can renew his deal we can improve him as a player, but regardless his contract expires 2024 so if he doesn't renew he needs to be sold next summer IMO.

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think if we can renew his deal we can improve him as a player, but regardless his contract expires 2024 so if he doesn't renew he needs to be sold next summer IMO.

He's certainly still young enough (23). A renewal would be agreeable.  

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hagi won't be back until later in the year, so we need players in there now.  

We don't know how he will come back after his spell out either. It's a real shame because there is  potential for a cracking player there. It wasnt until he was out I started to appreciate what he offered, just gave us something different at times. Hopefully Matondo Lawrence Tillman etc will provide some of that