The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

The more I see of Tillman, the more I think he's more of a second-striker/centre-forward. 

Obviously, he'll play as a #10, but in style, he's more of a second-striker; very central, looking to get into the box for lay-offs and get goals. He does like to play through-balls, but he's playing them from quite high up. 

He'll probably be competing with Hagi for that #10 spot, but in style, they're quite different - like Mesut Ozil and Thomas Muller. 

Some quotes below,

“Tillman started turning heads two years ago, when he smashed in 13 goals over 17 games for Bayern Munich’s Under-19s. He was then similarly prolific for Germany’s Under-21s in recent months, scoring three goals in four games since his debut in October 2021.

Yet, by his own admission, he is not a born goalscorer. Tillman has repeatedly insisted that he is more comfortable playing a little deeper in the No. 8 and No. 10 roles. At 6-foot-2, he is strong on the ball and tough to dispossess. Youth coaches have praised his intelligent distribution and Tillman himself has said that he aspires to play like Paul Pogba — but then again, who doesn’t?”

“I think he’s an attacking midfielder in a 3-4-2-1, he could be a pocket winger in a 4-3-3, could be a center mid in a 4-3-3, depending on if he can get his defensive work up to it,” Berhalter said in a press conference last week about this camp’s roster. “But he’s really talented between the lines, really natural with scoring goals, good and calm around the penalty box. Good technique, good with both feet, so a really interesting player.”

In other parts of the article it was talking about his goalscoring ability. Encouraging stuff!

Just now, DMAA said:

Obviously a bit of a pinch of salt with this but it does very much tally with the little I picked up from clips and reading. Very good at through balls, goalscoring and all things defensive, including aerial duels. In terms of goalscoring, he has way exceeded his xG here which can be a sign of outstanding finishing ability or long shot ability, or just a bit of luck, but it's worth noting the samplesize here is also very small and it might have evened out.

Not a dribbler and not exactly fast which is totally normal for a central player.

BM does insisting on a buy back clause show they rate the kid or is it standard practice? Could limit our return if we buy then sell him. 

Immaterial until its officially announced that he has signed 😉

Young players on loan to Rangers from big clubs create a lot of excitement, but usually disappoint. You don't have to go back far for the last one.

I just hope that our own youngster, Lowry.... gets a fair crack of the whip and simply the best players get the jersey.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

Young players on loan to Rangers from big clubs create a lot of excitement, but usually disappoint. You don't have to go back far for the last one.

I just hope that our own youngster, Lowry.... gets a fair crack of the whip and simply the best players get the jersey.

If it's a loan to buy then that's a completely different story.