The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

21 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

The guy who told you will be from hence known as "CammyF`s ITK guy"!

Who has gone silent since then. Trying to get more info out of him but he is remaining tight-lipped for the moment 😀

Would be good to hear how the negotiations with Kent and Alfie are going over their new contracts and if Bassey is likely to leave. 

Will keep at him for more info'! 

I was lookin at this Malik Tillman deal, and I am not too sure if I like it. 

It's a loan with the option to buy, but the krauts can refuse to sell.

So we could spend a season building this kid up, and then they can snatch the rug from under us. 

Not liking the sound of this. 

Any y'all know anything about this? 

I might be completely wrong here but it sounds a bit bass ackwards. 

4 hours ago, Malangsob said:

It's a loan with the option to buy, but the krauts can refuse to sell.

I don’t think they can. I think when there is an option to buy there is a contractual obligation for the parent club to accept a pre agreed fee.

In any case I can’t see an elite club like Bayern being remotely interested in any of our players no matter how well they play.

They are on a different level completely.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think when there is an option to buy there is a contractual obligation for the parent club to accept a pre agreed fee.

Not necessarily. It could be an option to tender a fee for the seller to accept, reject or negotiate on exclusively ahead of any other potential buyer.

15 hours ago, CammyF said:

BM does insisting on a buy back clause show they rate the kid or is it standard practice? Could limit our return if we buy then sell him. 

Immaterial until its officially announced that he has signed 😉

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a buy-back option merely first dibs on any future sale? There's no agreed fee. If we get a bid for him next season for £10m, Bayern Munich would get the chance to match it?

To be honest, I don't know much about it. It's just how I thought they worked going from past buy-back deals I've seen in La Liga. 

13 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Not necessarily. It could be an option to tender a fee for the seller to accept, reject or negotiate on exclusively ahead of any other potential buyer.

Usually fee is agreed in advance or option to buy is pointless. Any club can submit a bid for any player at any time.