The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

23 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I believe that we had an interest in him. 

The hooped whores offered St Mirren more dough, apparently; the lad spoke to the bush kangaroo, in person, and still found it in himself to say "No, thanks". 

My researcher reports that the boy is from Covenanter Country, in Ayrshire, and that his family are Rangers through and through. 

He is certainly admired as a player, and, it seems, would walk barefoot over broken glass to play for Rangers. 

What's not to like?

The main thing is whether he's good enough.

I think if he's going to get first team football at StBoo, he is probably going to develop quicker than within our U-18/B teams so it sounds like he's either getting really good advice about his long term career or he has indeed said "No Thanks, ya bunch of wanks"; or of course, both!  :)

Bassey was reported to be in Amsterdam for his medical a couple of days ago. I would have thought he would be announced by some point today.

The quicker it is done the quicker Davis can start to get going for us. Ideally, some part of Spurs game at weekend.

In 2 weeks it'll be CL and I can't help but feel we'll be going in undercooked and far from ideal shape, several injuries contributing to that.

Edited by buster.

The Belgians have lost players and their manager over the Summer.

We just have to get on with it, as you can't tell other clubs when to bid or finalise negotiations without their approval.  

30 minutes ago, buster. said:

Bassey was reported to be in Amsterdam for his medical a couple of days ago. I would have thought he would be announced by some point today.

The quicker it is done the quicker Davis can start to get going for us. Ideally, some part of Spurs game at weekend.

In 2 weeks it'll be CL and I can't help but feel we'll be going in undercooked and far from ideal shape, several injuries contributing to that.

He is already going well, but like you said, I would assume only for a part of the Spurs game. Same for Davies. 😱😋

51 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We just have to get on with it, as you can't tell other clubs when to bid or finalise negotiations without their approval.  

Naw, I thought Gersnetters could speed it up.

3 hours ago, stewarty said:

The main thing is whether he's good enough.

I think if he's going to get first team football at StBoo, he is probably going to develop quicker than within our U-18/B teams so it sounds like he's either getting really good advice about his long term career or he has indeed said "No Thanks, ya bunch of wanks"; or of course, both!  :)

Agreed.

Time will tell if he is good enough, but his name should certainly be on our DoF's rolodex.