The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, CammyF said:

The wording is quite interesting  - a total package under £10M - I'd be expecting the full £10M + sell-on clause.

He has a 10ml release clause. we won't get a sell on unless Southampton are very generous. 

They did give us money for davis when they didn't need to. 

19 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

He has a 10ml release clause. we won't get a sell on unless Southampton are very generous. 

They did give us money for davis when they didn't need to. 

Apologies probably didn't articulate properly. The article says we won't accept a "package" that doesn't meet £10M - does this mean we would accept say £5M up front and the rest in instalments? 

I'd be wanting the entire £10M up front. Sell on cause is just wishful thinking on my part but no harm in trying! 

Edited by CammyF

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Apologies probably didn't articulate properly. The article says we won't accept a "package" that doesn't meet £10M - does this mean we would accept say £5M up front and the rest in instalments? 

I'd be wanting the entire £10M up front. Sell on cause is just wishful thinking on my part but no harm in trying! 

How we get the 10million probably doesn't matter too much. We will just structure purchases around payments. 

Up front would be nice though. 

21 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

How we get the 10million probably doesn't matter too much. We will just structure purchases around payments. 

Up front would be nice though. 

It might if Gio is waiting on the money to bring in a couple of players. Hence I think we need the £10M paid in full. 

14 minutes ago, compo said:

🤣 10 million is crap no fucking way get another 5 million and paid in full .

Unfortunately it's in his contract and £10M for a player we paid £250K for is decent business - remember he can sign a pre-contract in less than 6 months time and we'd get hee-haw....

Considering we got him for next to nothing, we've had great value for money, he's going into the last year of his contract and most importantly, has a £10m release clause, I'd say £10m is a fantastic return.

This is exactly what we need to be doing more of.  

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Unfortunately it's in his contract and £10M for a player we paid £250K for is decent business - remember he can sign a pre-contract in less than 6 months time and we'd get hee-haw....

Find the clown that gave him this contract and get rid of him