The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

A word of caution that many new and expensive players have joined Rangers in the summer, only to flop when competitive games came along. Better players should improve the team but new players guarantee nothing in themselves. What's important is what we do with the players on our books, new or old.  

8 hours ago, Bill said:

If another employer offer you a job and five times your current salary, would you regret accepting it?

Absolutely, but my job is just that, a job, not the sport I've loved doing since I was a boy.

And as for the Dross County analogy, there's some utter dull, soulless stadia/teams in England too.

I bet Claudio Reyna is glad he went to Sunderland.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

If another employer offer you a job and five times your current salary, would you regret accepting it?

This is fine and correct. it however work better the lower the starting point and there is a risk that the money becomes a consolation for a ruined career when it comes to football. 

Connor Goldson no doubt could have got more money elsewhere but the level of football would have been lower. or at very least the chance to win things. 

most people and most footballer will always take the money. 

4 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Absolutely, but my job is just that, a job, not the sport I've loved doing since I was a boy.

And as for the Dross County analogy, there's some utter dull, soulless stadia/teams in England too.

I bet Claudio Reyna is glad he went to Sunderland.

And if you were a professional footballer it would also be 'just a job'.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Seems to me to be the most honest approach. 

It's a short career and most players will try and make as much as possible during their career and I have no issues with that. 

On 03/07/2022 at 12:45, buster. said:

Filling the net full of young talent and hoping for another Calvin Bassey amongst them.

Suggests a possible change in how we recruit and possibly future attitudes to the preverbial pathway and giving opportunities to a hopefully better quality youngster coming through.

Finances and new regulations surrounding them may eventually leave us with little choice.

It isnt.  This is being done out of a necessity.  Of the 2006's only 6 have been handed contracts in the last two years.  The desired quality isnt there, hence the mass influx of 16 yr old kids into the U18's.  It isnt a change in direction of recruitment, it is a necessity because the locally sourced 2006's werent good enough.

13 minutes ago, craig said:

It isnt.  This is being done out of a necessity.  Of the 2006's only 6 have been handed contracts in the last two years.  The desired quality isnt there, hence the mass influx of 16 yr old kids into the U18's.  It isnt a change in direction of recruitment, it is a necessity because the locally sourced 2006's werent good enough.

I noticed that a few of the U18s we have released have joined Hearts... maybe thats their level? Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, craig said:

Aye the raw materials are in short supply 

15 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

If someone wanted to double my wages, play me in a much better league and told me I'd no longer have to play competitive games on plastic pitches, I'd be off like a shot.  

And the same dross at least 4 times a year.....