The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

28 minutes ago, buster. said:

Filling the net full of young talent and hoping for another Calvin Bassey amongst them.

Suggests a possible change in how we recruit and possibly future attitudes to the preverbial pathway and giving opportunities to a hopefully better quality youngster coming through.

Finances and new regulations surrounding them may eventually leave us with little choice.

The Ajax model.....

We need to remember we’ve got a new Rangers manager who inherited almost all of this squad.

there will be players he’s inherited he might not want & we may see them moving. 
And there still almost 2 months to go til the window shuts so a lot can still happen

The biggest issue at the moment for me is still Aribo, Kent & Morelos. All have just one year left on their current deals. If they’re not extending then they need to be moved on & replaced at the earliest 

16 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We need to remember we’ve got a new Rangers manager who inherited almost all of this squad.

there will be players he’s inherited he might not want & we may see them moving. 
And there still almost 2 months to go til the window shuts so a lot can still happen

The biggest issue at the moment for me is still Aribo, Kent & Morelos. All have just one year left on their current deals. If they’re not extending then they need to be moved on & replaced at the earliest 

All true but we have CL Qualifiers in what? 3 or 4 weeks? We are currently weaker than we were at end of last season and our only signing is injured. Hardly ideal situation to be in. 

We gambled on CL qualification last season going with what we had, we can't afford to do the same this season. 

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

All true but we have CL Qualifiers in what? 3 or 4 weeks? We are currently weaker than we were at end of last season and our only signing is injured. Hardly ideal situation to be in. 

We gambled on CL qualification last season going with what we had, we can't afford to do the same this season. 

I don’t accept we’re weaker but as yet we haven’t strengthened as we might have hoped. 

21 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don’t accept we’re weaker but as yet we haven’t strengthened as we might have hoped. 

The squad is weaker than it was when the season finished, our only signing is injured. We have no wide right attacking players / options.

Going into CL Qualifiers and the league campaign with no quality additions is a recipe for disaster. 

3 of our most attack minded players are entering the last year of their contracts and we've no idea of they will extend or if they they'll leave. 

If Kent, Aribo and Morelos leave, I'll guess it'll be late in the transfer window and we'll be left scrambling around trying to replace our front-line at the last minute. 

Huge couple of weeks ahead and it appears we are not buying before selling - another huge gamble.

21 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The squad is weaker than it was when the season finished, our only signing is injured. We have no wide right attacking players / options.

Going into CL Qualifiers and the league campaign with no quality additions is a recipe for disaster. 

3 of our most attack minded players are entering the last year of their contracts and we've no idea of they will extend or if they they'll leave. 

If Kent, Aribo and Morelos leave, I'll guess it'll be late in the transfer window and we'll be left scrambling around trying to replace our front-line at the last minute. 

Huge couple of weeks ahead and it appears we are not buying before selling - another huge gamble.

I’d suggest our current finances mean we can’t buy before selling

13 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’d suggest our current finances mean we can’t buy before selling

Well we must be in deeper shit than we imagine. Record season ticket sales, merch, EL money (ticket sales, hospitality, TV, UEFA money etc), money from Patterson sale, compensation for SG and his team. 

Are you suggesting that if we hadn't gotten to EL Final we'd be turning off the lights? 

Worrying if true....