The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, rbr said:

Has it occurred to anyone that we might know our targets but are waiting for their teams to make them available , the hysteria on twitter and other forums is off the charts mental 🤔 

Don't think there is any hysteria in here, just fans concerned over the lack of incoming players with the CL Qualifiers on the horizon. 

Also worth remembering that Hagi, Roofe and Morelos are all coming back from long term injuries so cannot be relied on to hit the ground running.

44 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Don't think there is any hysteria in here, just fans concerned over the lack of incoming players with the CL Qualifiers on the horizon. 

Also worth remembering that Hagi, Roofe and Morelos are all coming back from long term injuries so cannot be relied on to hit the ground running.

No , I totally agree , this site is a sanctuary , compared to the rest .

33 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I think that is very much the case.

It just sounds sensible to say that you shouldn't criticise Ross Wilson because it is not our place and we are only fans on a minor forum whilst at the same time, over in the lounge, suggesting how we save the world. 😄

This is a complex situation that involves many more moving parts than just Ross Wilson.

Steven Gerrard liked his new signings in as soon as possible for a new season, January, if possible.

I said a couple of weeks back that it was still early. The fact that we are flying to Portugal today with Souttar the only new face, makes me think those moving parts are throwing up spanners or stopping an ideal scenario.

One spanner we know about was the negotiations with PAOK/Colak.

Others are almost certainly finance, outgoing transfers and even as I suggested this morning, a sea change in our approach to squad building.

These things are up for discussion. 

It is what fans forums are for.

1 hour ago, rbr said:

No , I totally agree , this site is a sanctuary , compared to the rest .

it is madness out there. 

folk want a goal scorring midfielder despite us owning Aribo and Hagi. a left back despite Barasic and bassey

21 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

For St Mary's and the mid table drudgery that follows.

The wages might make up for it but, no, Villa’s a better proposition than So'ton.

32 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Imagine how disappointed you'd be, looking back on your career, thinking you'd swapped a packed Ibrox on European nights, the place rocking as yet another team wilts under the lights.... 

If another employer offer you a job and five times your current salary, would you regret accepting it?

If someone wanted to double my wages, play me in a much better league and told me I'd no longer have to play competitive games on plastic pitches, I'd be off like a shot.  

47 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Imagine how disappointed you'd be, looking back on your career, thinking you'd swapped a packed Ibrox on European nights, the place rocking as yet another team wilts under the lights.... 

I think the wages and bigger stage would go someway to compensate....

Also, a wet December evening away to Ross County or a wet December evening visiting Old Trafford or the likes?