[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 40; Lawrence 70) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

43 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

In all honesty, I'd be delighted if we had 6 games against the likes of Real Madrid, Liverpool and Inter then focused on the domestic trophies this year if we didn't qualify. 

I Want to at least finish 3rd If we go through to the group stages.  Never in a million years did I think we'd return to the European scene in the manner that we have in such a short space of time.  And I like being there.  Are we champions league quality? Not yet,  but we may have to take a few hits to get there.  Its not beyond us to finish third should we make it through to the group stages,  in fact I think this is a realistic target to set our selves.   Don't think Another Europa league final is beyond us either.

37 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I get that, but we should always have a positive objective, even if its very challenging and potentially unlikely given disparity of resources.  Rangers should never go into something to make up the numbers.  

That's true, I'm more thinking from the perspective of we have punched above our weight in Europe last few years and underachieved domestically. This season i wouldn't be disappointed with domestic success over Europe this season, but longer term and in general i agree fully with you on that.

41 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think some of us are getting ahead of ourselves.  

We've done great in Europe since SG turned up but let's not forget previous embarrassments.  

All focus should be on PSV.  

Eminently sensible but surely you might allow football fans on a message board to dream a little. 

If you were talking about our players or mgmt then I would get the Herbie jeebies.

What I don't like so much is that if our team has been leaked in advance of the game.

Edited by buster.