Club Statement | RIFC raise injunction proceedings in the US

1 hour ago, lenny3k said:

In simple terms, what on earth is going on here??

Somebody in America has been running round saying they can buy rangers if you give them money. 

Darius seems to have blabbed that to his cousin in Glasgow and the club found out and are now suing said person. 

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Somebody in America has been running round saying they can buy rangers if you give them money. 

Darius seems to have blabbed that to his cousin in Glasgow and the club found out and are now suing said person. 

Did John Bennett meet ‘said person’ ? 

SOME Rangers shareholders remain interested in a controversial bid to part-own the club that is being fronted by an American businesswoman.

That's according to former chairman Paul Murray, in court documents seen by The Sunday Herald.

Mr Murray has been assisting Kyle Fox's company, KRF Capital, who Rangers are suing over what they allege is a secret plot to try and sell the club.

Mr Murray and Ms Fox are said to have been working with ex-English FA executive Adrian Bevington in their attempt to acquire a stake in the Glasgow giants.

The Ibrox club is seeking compensation for damage to its “business relationships, goodwill and reputation”, claiming she used their official crest and logos to attempt to lure investors without permission from the club.

Ms Fox however has accused Gers' "all-male board" of "unfair and baseless bullying tactics", which have deprived the club of much-needed investment.

An offer to acquire a minimum of 25 per cent in the club was followed by a bid to buy 75 per cent at 25p per share, which valued the club at £108 million.

Both were put to current deputy chairman John Bennett before being turned down by the board.

Ms Fox also proposed buying 75 per cent of the club's shares as well as investing £50 million in Rangers over the next five years. The offer and a subsequent higher offer of 40p per share and £75 million in cash investment.

This was also rejected in late July by the club, with court documents revealing Rangers said: “Discussions with KRF Capital have concluded.”

Mr Murray has said however that certain shareholders ARE still interested in flogging their shares, despite the ongoing legal action.

He said: "At that time, I was in discussions on Ms Fox's behalf with certain large Rangers shareholders who were interested, in principle, in selling their shares at her offered price of 40p which would have given Ms Fox a plurality ownership of Rangers. These shareholders remain interested in Ms Fox's proposal."

Despite owning no part of the club, Ms Fox issued a plea to would-be investors for cash after her bid was turned down and this prompted Ibrox chiefs to call in their lawyers.

Rangers’ claim says: “The Investor Deck contains Rangers’ branding and trademarked proprietary material — intellectual property that KRF Capital was never authorised to use.”

Lawyers for the club say the emailed document also used many Rangers “brand assets”, including crests and photos of players.

Their claim continues: “Defendant created this Investor Deck with the intent to trick any reader into thinking that: (1) Rangers is for sale; (2) Rangers is working with KRF Capital to sell a controlling stake in the enterprise; and (3) Rangers authorised this offer and presentation.

“KRF Capital has been meeting with, and presenting to, Rangers’ corporate clients on the purported basis that the sale of equity in Rangers has been endorsed by the club’s board of directors.

This is false. Rangers has not given KRF Capital authorisation to meet with its corporate clients or anyone else for that matter.”

But Ms Fox now says Rangers are missing out on vital investment and accused the "all-male board" of "unfair and baseless bullying tactics".

Paul Murray, an ex-iii corporate deal maker, described to me many years ago as a well-greased snake. Just about the last name I want to see in connection with Rangers but no surprise at all that he's the one mentioned alongside Ms Fox. People like Murray make our current directors look like benevolent heroes.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Paul Murray, an ex-iii corporate deal maker, described to me many years ago as a well-greased snake. Just about the last name I want to see in connection with Rangers but no surprise at all that he's the one mentioned alongside Ms Fox. People like Murray make our current directors look like benevolent heroes.

That post takes me back to when Rangers messageboards were politically divided between the various characters and interests vying for our backing.

The Vanguard Bears were as generally outspoken as they were so very wrong.

If only they had gone after the likes of Green and Ashley as they did King and Murray, they might not have looked so stupid.

The labeling and identification of an individual as being good, bad or indifferent for the football club has to take into context the precise moment in time, the circumstances, the interests and motives.

For example, Dave King was (very) good in 2014/15 but that has changd to a current negative.

King was the right man to have in your corner for the circumstances back in the day.

So, what about Paul Murray ?

Back in the day, he was in with the good guys and in face of the spivs, his general intentions were positive regards the football club. Rather than being a well greased snake, he seemed to play with a fairly straight bat.

He had his faults, in the run up to the AGM of 2013, he thought he could take on the unoffical amateur PR man for a group who opposed CG&Co and lost that side of things miserably to Toxic Jack Irvine.

What about today ?

I would be lying if I said I know what is going on.

Perhaps he is playing a supporting role to DK and looking to make a buck, perhaps not.

Circumstances change, so whatever is happening now has to be judged on its merits. The problem is finding out exactly what is going on.