CL Group Stage ticket info now available

Are fans seriously saying the price for CL games is too high? Or just indulging a routine need to whine and complain? It would cost you more to go to an average music concert. If you don’t want to pay then please step aside for someone who does. There is nothing that Rangers sells that anyone is obliged to buy. 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

It would cost you more to go to an average music concert

I go to quite a few gigs and can only think of two that have cost me more than £55.  

I think you might mean 'big name act', rather than 'average'.  

The emotional pull of Rangers can be difficult to pull away from.  

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I go to quite a few gigs and can only think of two that have cost me more than £55.  

People can also watch football for £15 if they want to watch third rate crap. 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

People can also watch football for £15 if they want to watch third rate crap. 

This is true.  

I attend the odd lower league fixture and quite enjoy it.  No mascots, after goal music, some brutal tackles and less play-acting on the pitch.  

A bit like a good gig in a spit and sawdust pub compared to boring stadium rock with 70 year olds. 

Football fans will always complain about prices, as sure as the sun rises in the morning.   

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Are Liverpool, Ajax and Napoli not 'big name acts'?

Edited by forlanssister

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

It's the same nonsense every single time.

The club should keep pushing the prices up until people stop buying tickets.

The ticket prices have sparked a wider debate.

Recently on Gersnet, mygers came under the microscope. As the cost of living grows disproportionately to wages, the noise will get louder.

The club would be wise to make tangible inroads in giving something back to those they repeatedly praise as loyal supporters but treat as mug clients who they can fleece, repeatedly. It isn't that they don't reward loyalty, they put a 'tax' (mygers) on it

Invest in disabled facilities, ticket operations, pre-season friendly on ST book or whatever....but now that finances are under control, take the opportunity to quell potential loss of revenue and create some goodwill. I think you will see something announced at the AGM.

Ultimately, positive on-pitch results mean they can continue to do as they please but go out of Europe before Xmas and fall behind in the league and it may go the other way.

Edited by buster.

21 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

£165 for me.  Bit steep but pretty much what I expected.  

I was gonna ask about this as Im sure I heard someone say 149. Im sure it was that price when I had a ST many moons ago. 165 yes steep but you would get many paying much more for the Liverpool game alone.

7 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Are Liverpool, Ajax and Napoli not 'big name acts'?

They are indeed but Bill referred to "average music concert".  

I don't really get the gig comparison because:

a) Big acts tend not to play in the same place every other week.

b) Some of the best musicians I've ever seen were playing in pubs and charging £3 entrance fee.  

50 minutes ago, buster. said:

Invest in disabled facilities, ticket operations, pre-season friendly on ST book or whatever

I think the stronger the profits, the more feasible it will be to address some of these investments? Perhaps money is already earmarked for these and other expenditures.

52 minutes ago, buster. said:

.... but now that finances are under control

How do we quantify that?