13 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Did he choose or was his hand forced???.

I think that's still part of the mystery and tbh, also from Gerrard's time. But it would seem strange that Gio comes in and doesn't have guarantees about funds for fees and wages.

When Gerrard went, was that because he didn't get the money he needed? Or was he told he had to get CL in order to get cash and/or sell someone to generate cash? Even if he was told the latter, I think he could have sold someone like Aribo/Kamara/Kent/Morelos and come out of it with enough money to fund a couple of players?

I'm still skeptical about why he left. A bit of me still thinks he had no idea how to fix the issues on the pitch so took the easy way out and left.

2 hours ago, Nevermind said:

I was thinking about Gerrard's time with us when the news broke he'd been sacked. One of things that stuck out to me when comparing our current manager with him, is that opposition players in europe in their post match pressers would always comment on how Rangers wouldn't let them breathe. Relentless, dogged etc. 

Compare that to the hands in pockets style of play GVB has us playing is soul destroying. 

Shoulda known he'd fuck up after insisting on being called the boss and not Gaffer. 

I agree about Europe in particular and I will forever be grateful for what SG did as part of our rebuild, winning #55 and making us a real force to be reckoned with in Europe. But he wasn't perfect. I think his reputation is growing with every passing month since he left, like one of those former players who isn't good enough to make it but becomes a world beater after he's gone.

If he could have motivated the players a bit and sorted out the malaise which seemed to have set-in, I think he'd still be here and his managerial stock would be on the rise.

That said, there's echoes of what's happening with this group of players this season, with what happened during the start to his last one.

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

We need a replacement to be identified first. Did we learn nothing from the Pedro debacle?

We already knew. Many in the support were flabbergasted by that appointment. He did a good PowerPoint we were told. It’s not us who had to learn. It was whichever bus Wanker v2 that thought appointing that fraud was a good idea. 

Many may disagree but look at how far back that appointment sent us.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats