26 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Can't see us paying Gio and his staff for 2 years with them sitting in their houses. Easy life.

That's the problem with contracts both sides have to honour them.

He ain't lasting 2 and half years.

Edited by forlanssister
Shite sprlling

8 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

That's the problem with contracts both sides have to honour them.

He ain't lasting 2 and half years.

My understanding of how this normally works is that the sacked manager (& his staff) continue to be paid their contracted salaries for the duration of their contracts but contractually 1) have to be seen to be looking for alternative employment 2) have to accept a similar offer within an agreed percentage of current salary of job vacated.

7 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

My understanding of how this normally works is that the sacked manager (& his staff) continue to be paid their contracted salaries for the duration of their contracts but contractually 1) have to be seen to be looking for alternative employment 2) have to accept a similar offer within an agreed percentage of current salary of job vacated.

Certainly wasn't the case with Ally McCoist if my memory serves me correctly 

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Certainly wasn't the case with Ally McCoist if my memory serves me correctly 

Not sure there would have been too many manager opportunities for Ally after Rangers. Just about every job in Scotland wouldnt have paid him anywhere near his Rangers salary

he went onto gardening leave IIRC but can’t remember how long his contract had to go

I’m can’t believe how quickly this has come to a head. Anyway I don’t think there’s any way back now so, regardless of the cost, it’s probably best the board just gets on with it.