Ben Davies apparently injured again (13/10/22)

Was injured but has been "In training" status for the past two weeks...or so.

This cat can't be that out of shape...can he?

Something is up...my Spidey senses are tingling.

Should only be a matter of days till we get to see him in action...right?

Or, will GVB just select Sands, and King? 

Somethin is up...

He isn't match sharp and to have started him against such fast and nippy quality last night wouldn't have been good for him or the team.

Personally, I would have started King beside Goldson.

Sands needs to be taken out of central defence against Dundee United and if not King, Davies should come in.

Re. Money spent on Davies, would IMO, have been better used for a position where we don't have a quality young player coming through, such as King.

Edited by buster.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

He isn't match sharp and to have started him against such fast and nippy quality last night wouldn't have been good for him or the team.

Personally, I would have started King beside Goldson.

Sands needs to be taken out of central defence against Dundee United and if not King, Davies should come in.

Re. Money spent on Davies, would IMO, have been better used for a position where we don't have a quality young player coming through, such as King.

"Match Sharp"...We have a B team for what exactly?

I have already hammered home my personal opinion on the $$$MONEY$$$ spent on Davies.

IDK--Goldson is adequate...most times...fills a slot...does his J-O-B. 

Though, he is the type of player who will spend years at the club, and be forgotten 15 minutes after walking out the door. 

Sands is a fill in at best at CB...he should not be the preferred choice over either King or Davies...thus my confusion.

Match sharpness would be the only reason I can think of - you saw how fast Napoli were and how they ran at defenders, that would have been a recipe for disaster. We've been incredibly unlucky with injuries again, but I'd have also been tempted to have started with King instead of Sands alongside Goldson as Sands has struggled there.

1 minute ago, ascender said:

Match sharpness would be the only reason I can think of - you saw how fast Napoli were and how they ran at defenders, that would have been a recipe for disaster. We've been incredibly unlucky with injuries again, but I'd have also been tempted to have started with King instead of Sands alongside Goldson as Sands has struggled there.

Although King seemed to struggle for pace when he came on, but perhaps that was because the game had opened up a lot by then.