Ben Davies apparently injured again (13/10/22)

55 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

IDK--Goldson is adequate...most times...fills a slot...does his J-O-B. 

Though, he is the type of player who will spend years at the club, and be forgotten 15 minutes after walking out the door. 

How many Rangers matches have you actually watched?

Whatever anyone thinks of him, I believe James Sands deserves acknowledgement for stepping into the breach in a period when he has often been one of the best of the bunch. 

Whether it's Sands, King, Souttar or Davies .... stepping into a creaking and poorly coordinated Rangers defence is going to be a challenge.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Whatever anyone thinks of him, I believe James Sands deserves acknowledgement for stepping into the breach in a period when he has often been one of the best of the bunch. 

Whether it's Sands, King, Souttar or Davies .... stepping into a creaking and poorly coordinated Rangers defence is going to be a challenge.

He has done ok of occasion but he has also been very much part of a creaking and poorly coordinated Rangers defence (and midfield who give the ball away too easily and often).

Bottomline, he isn't a centre-half and wouldn't be playing there if we had managed the squad better.

Needs a run in midfield to see if he is worth considering, when his loan expires.

I've not seen enough yet to suggest that he is worth the fee mentioned in reports.

Sands has been drafted in to the CB role and to me he has done a not to bad a job.

Whether he will make it in our midfield is a different question that no one can answer until he gets a run at it.

If i remember correctly he got his first booking last night taking one for the team and If not for Arfields poor pass ge would not have been left with the last ditch attempted tackle.

Just now, onevision said:

Sands has been drafted in to the CB role and to me he has done a not to bad a job.

Whether he will make it in our midfield is a different question that no one can answer until he gets a run at it.

If i remember correctly he got his first booking last night taking one for the team and If not for Arfields poor pass ge would not have been left with the last ditch attempted tackle.

If he can't make our midfield when it is so bereft of good options, he isn't making it at Ibrox.

King CH and Sands midfield for Saturday ?

7 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

It is not for the purpose of match sharpness.

Of course it is.

The entire purpose of any 'B Team' is preparatory, and developmental.

What other purpose is there for a B Team? 

To win the Lowland and remain?

16 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

How many Rangers matches have you actually watched?

Enough to know the man does his job unspectacularly, but with workman efficiency...most of the time

Though he does tend to err in the really big matches.

Decent employee with a shining attendance record. 

Full stop. 

14 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Of course it is.

The entire purpose of any 'B Team' is preparatory, and developmental.

What other purpose is there for a B Team? 

To win the Lowland and remain?

I believe there were rules put in place when we joined the Lowland League to stop this eventuality.

Think you can only play so many games for 1st team and Remain part of the B Team. 

I might be wrong, but remember reading thisstthe time.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

I believe there were rules put in place when we joined the Lowland League to stop this eventuality.

Think you can only play so many games for 1st team and Remain part of the B Team. 

I might be wrong, but remember reading thisstthe time.

Six IIRC.

But he refers to the other way around.