[FT] Liverpool 2 - 0 Rangers

I’m surprised people think the team gave a good effort though. I didn’t see it, I don’t think the score line is unexpected but I didn’t see any passion or energy in the team, and that is a huge fault. We’ve got to this stage and we’ve played with all the energy of a wet fart.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Ultimately well beaten as Liverpool eased off in the 2nd half. The usual caveats over resources aside, we didn't really offer any decent quality on the ball until far too late in the game. You can play better teams but you can't afford to be so poor on the ball. Not good enough.

Obviously there were a few exceptions to that. McGregor was excellent, Goldson was largely solid whilst Matondo and Sakala provided a work-rate and threat that was missing previously. However, we're clearly well short overall and that goes further than a few bad passes.

Before bed, our season won't be defined by dropping out the CL group stage. However, the manager really needs to find a system and an XI that provides a lot more consistency and quality domestically and in Europe. As it stands I'm not seeing much progress but no white flag yet.

Last season we had a clear way of playing and we did it well , this season I simply cannot see what he's trying to do .