[FT] Liverpool 2 - 0 Rangers

41 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If someone had offered me 2-0 at kick off, I'd probably have taken it.  

GvB did offer you 2-0 at kick-off, with that starting 11.  I'd have preferred more of a fight and lose 4-0. I don't know what we can learn from that apart from McGregor is still a great shot stopper. 

Always disappointed when Rangers get beaten but a reality check is needed for us in the CL compared to the EL. We’re now facing teams with squads costing hundreds of millions. Competing with these clubs whilst we’re in the impoverished SPFL is a tall order

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Always disappointed when Rangers get beaten but a reality check is needed for us in the CL compared to the EL. We’re now facing teams with squads costing hundreds of millions. Competing with these clubs whilst we’re in the impoverished SPFL is a tall order

That's not the point, we didn't even try to give it a go, we were beaten before we started. I don't mind the result but we set up wrong, we set up not to get thumped by 6 goals, and it didn't even work. McGregor was the only reason we weren't. Yes, we can't expect to get may points against these teams if that's what people mean by being unable to compete, but aren't we capable of fighting for every ball, making them work for their win, making them feel like they've been in a war?  Liverpool didn't even get out of 2nd gear, the scoreline flattered us. Not the game plan I want to see. GvB needs to grow some balls because he's passing his defeatist attitude on to the players, or some of them at least. That's what I saw. 

Yeah, I agree. There was zero belief in the team that we could get anything from the match and we were just so passive. The match passed us by before we even realised we were in it. I want to see more passion and energy from the team, even in these difficult ties.

7 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Hm. Not sure he HAD to male

that challenge or perhaps just best get in the way..

Diaz was looking for the penalty.

He got in front and basically spread his legs to make sure any challenge was going to bring him down.

Excellent experience for King and a few clubs will have added him to their 'to watch' list.

Value on his 'potential' will have increased by a decent percentage.

GvB should be considering him for a starting berth.

He is the one, IMO,  who will relatively quickly grow into a player who is better than Davies ever was.