[FT] Liverpool 2 - 0 Rangers

18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Certainly seems that way.  Who is to blame?

GvB and Wilson is where the buck stops.

Awful misjudgement to go into this season with a squad with so many issues. Made worse by recruiting more predictable issues.

Not hindsight, said it in late June/ early July.

Edited by buster.

On another note, I noticed the Liverpool support responded to GSTK with a "F*ck the Tories" chant.  

Didn't the recent Labour Party conference begin with a rendition of GSTK.  

Odd.  

59 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

On another note, I noticed the Liverpool support responded to GSTK with a "F*ck the Tories" chant.  

Odd.  

Odd, no !

Exceptional circumstances were the reason for the anthem being sung at the (new) Labour conference.

Besides, much of the reaction was down to the respect people had for the person Elizabeth and her dedication, rather than the monarchy as an institution. I would put myself in that bracket.

The circumstances behind the Liverpool fans reaction go back a while.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Thanks Eck !

You take it to another level of in-depth knowledge and research in places I didn't even think to go.

I did think about the 69 cup final angle but lazily presumed that it would have been played before a European semi final.

I want to see you on Mastermind (SS: Rangers in European Competition).

You look back and see the issues with centre forwards or lack of and 55 years on from the self inflicted wound (Bayern Munich 67), we were suffering a similar fate (Eintracht 2022) and some might argue that to a degree, it too was self inflicted (forcing Morelos to play through injury until he proper broke, thus calling upon Roofe in a way his body can't cope with. Itten wasn't in European squad due to squad management/UEFA regulations.

Should be here today with 3 European trophies.

Ps. Have a look how defensive the 2008 team v Zenit was and how isolated JCD was that night. Playing but not really in the game.

Anytime, sir - I've just got a pile of auld books kicking about and some of them come in handy. I'd have trouble sneaking them onto the black chair with me!😆

Aye, it was the first thing many of us thought about last May, wasn't it - so many strikers on the books but none on that Seville pitch until it was just... JUST... too late. While the defensive thing was such a massive part of us getting to Manchester, we really needed and used our spearheads on last season's run. 

Penalties, man... one penalty... still haven't got over it. Probably never will.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Odd.  

Liverpool is obsessed with feeling sorry for itself. Leftism suits it. 

2 hours ago, onevision said:

Anyone else notice the penalty should have been retaken as Henderson encroached?

Up until the double-penalty in the last game, I had given up on any penalty infringement after us loosing that shootout against St. Johnstone, when their goalie moved at at least three of our spot-kicks, yet the ref didn't care.

10 hours ago, Fat Eck said:

Anytime, sir - I've just got a pile of auld books kicking about and some of them come in handy. I'd have trouble sneaking them onto the black chair with me!😆

Aye, it was the first thing many of us thought about last May, wasn't it - so many strikers on the books but none on that Seville pitch until it was just... JUST... too late. While the defensive thing was such a massive part of us getting to Manchester, we really needed and used our spearheads on last season's run. 

Penalties, man... one penalty... still haven't got over it. Probably never will.

Losing in Sevilla was the most difficult defeat to get over in 49 years of being a fan.