[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 17) - 7 Liverpool

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

How much we (dont) back our next manager. Who I have decided should be Allan McGregor. Give it Greigsy.

Oh, come one. 

Even at our most skint, we spend a couple of million in the summer. Bodo/Glimt have not spent over 700k in one window in at least the last 4 season, and I suspect they've never spent millions. 

Greigsy does know the club... 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Even at our most skint, we spend a couple of million in the summer. Bodo/Glimt have not spent over 700k in one window in at least the last 4 season, and I suspect they've never spent millions. 

But spending is contextual. No Norwegian club spends big. We are up against a direct rival who have heavily invested in thier playing squad. To expect the same results from someone else without similar squad investment isn't realistic to me.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

But spending is contextual. No Norwegian club spends big. We are up against a direct rival who have heavily invested in thier playing squad. To expect the same results from someone else without similar squad investment isn't realistic to me.

That's a different argument. 

You stated Kjetil would have a bigger transfer budget at Bodo/Glimt that with us. That's patently untrue. 

We did spend £12m, which is not insignificant. I don't think we should be going much over that, to be honest, even if they want to. 

I can't deny investment is important, but it's more important to use what you have effectively. 

Bodo'Glimt did pump them just last season. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

You stated Kjetil would have a bigger transfer budget at Bodo/Glimt that with us. That's patently untrue. 

You caught me, i was being deliberately facetious. With a hint of seriousness. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

We did spend £12m, which is not insignificant. I don't think we should be going much over that, to be honest, even if they want to. 

Normally, yeah agree 100%. Having sold 2 players for about £28m - not sure.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I can't deny investment is important, but it's more important to use what you have effectively. 

Very true, but (again I'm repeating myself) I think we are trying to paper over too many cracks with this squad and even a top manager would struggle.

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

How come they haven't collapsed against better opposition then? Look at who they've played over the last few years, they've knocked it out the park.

1 minute ago, PoohBear said:

How come they haven't collapsed against better opposition then? Look at who they've played over the last few years, they've knocked it out the park.

That is a good question. But then you could say the same for us last season. Dortmund and RBL have players worth more than our entire club.