[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 17) - 7 Liverpool

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Just back from the game.  

The Liverpool support reminded me of Hibs - quiet with lots of Irish flags.

Can anyone recommend a quick suicide method?

I was right next to the "divide" and now understand why their support is disliked so much. 

7 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

In the space of 5 years we went from being knocked out by Progres Neiderkorn to the Europa league final.

We didn't need to change association to do that. We did it by hiring a good manager and assembling a good squad.

Forget the fantasy and focus on the football.

What I meant by the remark is that the gap between the Scottish game's ability to generate revenue and the high end level is only going to keep widening.

The only way we can significantly reverse that tendency would be for a restructuring of the game that sees us play more games (lucrative) or move to a different and better league for revenue generation.

I am not saying it is likely.

At the moment, it obviously isn't.

-----------------------

You look at the game last night and football in general.

It'd almost be better if the Super League had went ahead and those wealthy clubs had gone off to play only each other. UEFA could have called their bluff and closed the door. 

That obviously is fantasy given UEFA are addicted to cash.

Edited by buster.

I remember Scotland getting beaten 5-0 by Portugal and it became known as the night a team died.

Collectively, this Champions League campaign looks like finally putting paid to much of the current squad.

Recruitment and building another squad obviously won't happen quickly, but when it does we need to see a new first team manager in charge.

Questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson as well, prior to the next managerial appointment.

The above will cost a lot of money, that I don't believe we have.

New FFP regulations will probably further complicate matters.

A good thing we have been doing, is investing in our academy.

That pathway is going to become well trodden.

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

I remember Scotland getting beaten 5-0 by Portugal and it became known as the night a team died.

Collectively, this Champions League campaign looks like finally putting paid to much of the current squad.

Recruitment and building another squad obviously won't happen quickly, but when it does we need to see a new first team manager in charge.

Questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson as well, prior to the next managerial appointment.

Let’s be honest, many of us feared that was the case in the summer. Extending the contracts of older guys, hoping guys like Jack and Roofe could stay fit. Being relaxed about Kent and Morelos seeing out time. Holding on to Kamara when he clearly doesn’t want to be here. The goalkeeper situation.

We are seeing it come to fruition in Europe. We have gotten by domestically but it’s a matter of time before it catches up with us given our schedule.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Let’s be honest, many of us feared that was the case in the summer. Extending the contracts of older guys, hoping guys like Jack and Roofe could stay fit. Being relaxed about Kent and Morelos seeing out time. Holding on to Kamara when he clearly doesn’t want to be here. The goalkeeper situation.

We are seeing it come to fruition in Europe. We have gotten by domestically but it’s a matter of time before it catches up with us given our schedule.

I droned on about it most of the summer, it was obvious.

That is why you really have to wonder at squad management responsibility and hold it accountable.

31 minutes ago, buster. said:

We are playing at our highest level in over a decade.

Despite this you say that the manager, the squad and the director of football are all substandard.

Classic over reaction to a bad result.